7th September 2017, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Which course is best to prepare for IAS exam after intermediate?

What course I have to select in intermediate to become IAS officer? MPC/MEC/CEC? Please tell me the correct course and after 12th and degree. Is group exam useful to become IAS?

7th September 2017, 05:45 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course is best to prepare for IAS exam after intermediate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What course I have to select in intermediate to become IAS officer? MPC/MEC/CEC? Please tell me the correct course and after 12th and degree. Is group exam useful to become IAS?

Candidates can pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline after intermediate to appear for IAS examinations (Civil Service Examinations). Civil Service Examinations are conducted by the UPSC once in every year. It contains Preliminary, Mains and Interview. Candidates can study any one of the course at graduation to pursue IAS dream. Candidates can join coaching classes for civil service examinations while studying graduation. Many institutions offering coaching for IAS aspirants. The below given are some of the most preferred courses in graduation to pursue IAS in the future.

BA Economics
BA Political Science
BA History
BA Geography
BA Psychology
BA Sociology
7th September 2017, 10:01 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There is no such specific stream or course required to become an IAS officer or to prepare for IAS examination. Candidate who have completed their bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized college/university are eligible to appear for the examination.

Yes, group exams are always helpful to prepare for IAS examination, so you can apply for group exams and prepare for the examination, this will help you to crack the examination easily.
7th September 2017, 11:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to opt for any particular course for pursuing your higher studies after completion of Intermediate to become an IAS officer. You can opt for any course of your interest for pursuing your higher studies. After completion of your Bachelor's degree course from a Government recognised university, you can apply for IAS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
8th September 2017, 12:44 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

You can opt any of the stream in Graduation after the completion of class 12th in order to become an IAS officer, there is no fixed stream required for it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC to become an IAS officer.
According to my opinion, you must opt for BA course along with Political Science and History as a subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?