21st September 2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and important dates of Civil Services Preliminary exam?

Hello,
I am a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) final year student. I have no backlog in any year. I will be completed my B.Tech next year. I want to give Civil Services exam. Kindly tell me when notifications out? Also tell me about the important dates. I know I have to give preliminary exam first. So, I want to know the details of this exam. Help me to know.

24th September 2015, 06:54 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed information and important dates of Civil Services Preliminary exam?

Civil Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year for admission to IAS, IPS and IFS etc. This year examination has been completed. Next Notification will be published in the month of March or April in the official website of UPSC

Eligibility Criteria:

The candidate should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. The candidate age should be between 21 yrs to 32 yrs at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories. Final year of degree course may also apply.

Official Notification: Click Here !!!
24th September 2015, 07:03 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and important dates of Civil Services Preliminary exam?

Detailed Information about Civil Services Preliminary Examination:

<< Educational Qualification Required >>

* Degree of a Recognized university or its equivalent qualification.

* Candidates pursuing final year are also eligible to apply for Civil Services Preliminary Examination.

* Since you are in Final year of B.Tech, I am sure you are eligible to apply for next year Civil Services Preliminary Exam (Upcoming Exam) being a Final year graduate.

<< Age Criteria >> (As on 1st August of the year of exam)

* Minimum Age - 21 years
* Maximum Age - 30 years

Click here for More Details

Important Dates of Civil Services Prelims Examination:

@ Date of Issue of Notification: November or December of every year

@ Conduct of Examination: May

Note: Date of Conduct of Examination are not yet announced of Civil Services Preliminary 2016 Examination. Civil Services 2016 notification will be issued in the month of November/ December of 2015 and examination of same will be conducted in the month of May 2016.
24th September 2015, 10:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) final year student. I have no backlog in any year. I will be completed my B.Tech next year. I want to give Civil Services exam. Kindly tell me when notifications out? Also tell me about the important dates. I know I have to give preliminary exam first. So, I want to know the details of this exam. Help me to know.
Cvcil Service exam 2016:-

Last date to apply Online Application-19th June 2015
Last Date for Submission of Fee-18th June 2015
Date of Civil Services Exam (Preliminary)-23rd August 2015
Civil Services Exam (Mains)-18th December 2015

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?