1st May 2015, 04:33 AM
Unregistered

Distance BE holder is eligible for UPSC interview or not?

hi everybody, if i will complete my BE by distance education, can i be eligible for the UPSC interview or not?

4th May 2015, 11:19 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Distance BE holder is eligible for UPSC interview or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi everybody, if i will complete my BE by distance education, can i be eligible for the UPSC interview or not?

To be eligible for the UPSC exam (Union Public Service Commission) the eligibility needed are:
  • Nationality
  • Age Limit
  • Educational Qualification

Out of these you should satisfy all of them in order to apply for the exam. The UPSC exams select candidates through:
  1. Prelims
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

Having completed BE in distance education, if the degree is from a recognized distance university means there is no problem regarding the educational qualification needed. There are many entrance exams which comes under the UPSC exam. This is a national level entrance exam and it includes exams such as recruitment of engineering exams, civil service exams, defence service exams, railways.

You can apply for all of them only when you satisfy the above mentioned criteria's for the respected exam which you are applying. To know more information regarding the UPSC exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th May 2015, 01:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Distance BE holder is eligible for UPSC interview or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed B.E in distance education, so you are eligible for UPSC Civil Service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?