11th September 2014, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to write all the 9 papers of CSAT and 25 papers of Mains?

I have completed my graduation in mathematics,electronics,computerscience.I have seen all the exams that you mentoined .Still i am not clear with the exams.
Actually my doubt should i need to write all the 9 Papers of csat exam and 25 papers of mains.Please answer this question ASAP.
One more question.
I am belong to the general category.If i complete my csat(prelims) for the fourth attempt and get failed in mains ,then
Am I eligible to take one more attempt.

3rd October 2014, 11:31 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to write all the 9 papers of CSAT and 25 papers of Mains?

CSAT stands for Civil Services Aptitude Test. The Civil Services Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS and IFS officers.

The CSAT examination is conducted in three stages as follows :-
1.Preliminary Examination
2.Main Examination
3.Personal Interview

1.Preliminary Examination :-
The Preliminary Examination consists of two compulsory papers of 200 marks of 2 hours duration each. Both the two papers will be of objective type questions.

Paper-1 :-
The paper-1 is of 2 hours duration for 200 marks from the following topics :-
1.Current events of national and international importance
2.History of India and Indian National Movement
3.Indian and World Geography: Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
4.Indian Polity and Governance: Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
5.Economic and Social Development, Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
6.General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
7.General Science

Paper-2 :-
The paper-2 is of 2 hours duration for 200 marks from the following topics :-
1.Comprehension
2.Interpersonal skills, including communication skills
3.Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4.Decision-making and problem-solving
5.General mental ability
6.Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. - Class X level).
7.English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).

2.Main Examination :-
The candidates who have qualified in the first stage of CSAT exam i.e., Preliminary Examination are eligible to appear for the Mains Examination. The Mains Exam shall be of 2300 marks having a total of 9 papers as mentioned below :-
1.Paper-I :-One of the Indian languages to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the eighth schedule of the constitution (Qualifying Paper)-300 Marks.
2.Paper-II :- English (Qualifying Paper)-300 Marks
3.Paper-III :- Essay-200 Marks
4.Papers-IV & V :-General Studies (2 papers)-600 Marks (300 marks for each of the two papers)
5.Papers-VI, VII, VIII & IX :-Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers. Thus, a total of four papers for 1200 Marks (300 marks for each of the four papers).

3.Personal Interview :-
The candidates who have qualified and secured minimum qualifying marks in the Main examination will be called to appear for the Personal Interview for the final selection.

So, you need to appear for the two papers in the preliminary examination and nine papers in the main examination and personal Interview, to get selected for the Civil Services.

-->No. of Attempts :-
The general category candidates are eligible to appear for four times for the CSAT examination and the OBC candidates are eligible to appear for seven times for the CSAT examination. There is no restriction on the number of attempts for SC/ST candidates.

Since, you belong to the General Category candidate and you have completed all your four attempts for the CSAT exam, then, once again you are not eligible to appear for the CSAT exam as you have completed the maximum number of attempts for the CSAT examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?