6th December 2014, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in IAS exam for B.Com graduate who had Arts in 12th standard?

Hi
i have pass out b .com but in 12th
i was the students of art sides
sir , tell me can i give ias exam
and for the ias exam what i will do plz help me

7th December 2014, 06:08 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IAS exam for B.Com graduate who had Arts in 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

The eligibility needed for the IAS exam for a B.com graduate are listed below:

Eligibility Needed:

~ The candidate appearing for the exam should have a Citizenship in India

~ The age limit needed for the IAS exam for General category candidate is that the candidate should have 21-30 years

~ Age limit is 21-35 years for SC/ST category and for OBC candidates it is 21-33 years and for Ex-service men it is 5 years extra from the prescribed limits.

~ Educational qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university.

The candidate should satisfy all these criteria for the exam in order to apply for IAS exam. As you have mentioned that you have completed B.com then you are eligible for the exam as per the education qualification and with that you should also satisfy other criteria also.

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
7th December 2014, 06:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IAS exam for B.Com graduate who had Arts in 12th standard?

Yes, definitely you can appear for IAS examination since, you have completed Graduation in B.Com course from a recognised university.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The IAS examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year and the following is the eligibility criteria required to appear for IAS examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit :-
You must be in between 21 - 30 years old. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates is applicable as per government rules.

3. Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university to be eligible to appear for IAS examination.

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.
7th December 2014, 06:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Examination. IAS is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. Final year student are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years if you a general candidate. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

For more details about IAS exam please visit to the official website www.upsc.gov.in
7th December 2014, 10:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any stream Graduate can apply for IAS examination. Hence, if you are a B.Com Graduate, then you shouldn't worry about anything and concentrate on preparing for the IAS Exam.

Your 10+2 stream doesn't matter and you just need to be prepared for the exam according to the syllabus to crack it.

Age limit for UPSC Civil Services exam is 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation available for candidates who belong to reserved category.

The selection is purely based on the performance in the following stages.

1. CSAT
2. Mains Exam
3. Interview

For more information visit http://upsc.gov.in
14th March 2017, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

How to get knowledge about general study to competing an IAS officer
Now I am in class 10
Can i prepare for general study and how can I do so
After 1 month I am going to class 11
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?