24th August 2016, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to fill up recruitment form in Air force at the age of 20? Age relaxation for SOAP category?

Sir, my father was in Indian Air force and now I'm 20 yers old so, can I able to fill up the next recruitment form? Is there any age relaxation for SOAP category? Please send the reply soon. Thanks

25th August 2016, 08:39 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to fill up recruitment form in Air force at the age of 20? Age relaxation for SOAP category?

First thing I would like to make you clear that there is no provision of age relaxation or reservation in Indian defense sector.

Now as you are 20 years old, so you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force through NDA so you have the option of joining Indian Air force either through CDS examination or through AFCAT.

Also for appearing both CDS examination and AFCAT you need to be a bachelor degree holder with anyone of Physics, Mathematics or Engineering stream from a recognized university.

Also for joining CDS your age must not exceed 23 years where in case of AFCAT for joining flying branch your age must not exceed 24 years and for the ground staff branch it must exceed 26 years. Also you must have the citizenship of India.

For more details about various entries for Indian Air force you must visit the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
27th July 2019, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility to fill up recruitment form in Air force at the age of 20? Age relaxation for SOAP category?

My sons birth date is 30 March 1999. Can hr joined as airman in the airforce. Can he appeared for fitness test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?