25th January 2013, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

How should I apply for NDA after passing 12th Arts?

Sir I am arunkumar and iam passed 12th in.subjest arts with maths should I apply for nda

27th January 2013, 07:48 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Default Re: How should I apply for NDA after passing 12th Arts?

NDA stands for national defense academy. This exam is conducted by the UPSC twice, every year. The eligibility of this exam is that you should have passed your 12th class in any stream. But for the air force, it iscumpolsary for you to have physics and mathematics as your main subjects in 12th.
And as you velong to the arts category, it is not possible for you to get into the air force, but you can apply for the army and bavy fields.
The age criteria for giving the NDA examis that your age should not be less than 16 years and not more than 19.5 years of age.
Gud luck
19th August 2013, 12:28 AM
Unregistered

Agar hmare pass maths nahi hai arts stream me tu kya me nda exam me nahi beth sakta mene navy me nahi jana army me jana hai . Is it possible or not ?
19th August 2013, 09:17 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Yes you can apply in N.D.A after passing 12th with any stream.

N.D.A exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year in month of August and April.

N.D.A EXAM ELIGIBILITY:-

> Pass 12th with any stream like Science, Commerce and Arts from recognized University or board.
> Your age should be in between 16.5-19 year.
> You must be citizen of India.
> You should be medically fit(No major surgery in your body).
> NO relaxation for ST/SC candidate.

You have to qualify the N.D.A exam which include three step:-

> WRITTEN EXAM
> INTERVIEW
> MEDICAL EXAM

You can apply this exam online;-www.upsconline.nic.in

Important dates related to NDA exam

Notification date: 22/12/2013

Last date of application: 21/1/2013

Exam Date: 7/4/2013

All the best.................
19th August 2013, 11:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I am arunkumar and iam passed 12th in.subjest arts with maths should I apply for nda

You have completed 12th standard with arts stream and your 12th standard subject is mathematics .So you are not applicable for all wings .You can apply only Indian Army post .Because you have not physics in 12th board .

The details of NDA exam is given below-

National Defence Academy is conducted by union public service commission twice in a year to recruits the candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wings of National Defence Academy.

The minimum required qualification for NDA exam is 12th standard .If your 12th subject is mathematics and Physics then you are applicable for all above wings.NDA exam not require any percentage marks of the candidate.

The candidate age should between 16.5 years to 19 years.There is no age relaxation for Sc/ST candidate . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.

Best Books for NDA Examination :-

NDA Examination Guide by Datason Rp
Publisher :- New Light Publishers
Price :- Rs. 445

NDA Examination ( 10 Solved Papers )by Expert Compilation
Publisher :- Arihant
Price :- Rs. 199

NDA Entrance Examination ( 10 Solved Papers ) by Expert Compilation
Publisher :- Arihant
Price :- Rs. 199

NDA/NA Entrance Examination ( Study Package ) by Tmh
Publisher :- Tata Mc-graw Hill Publishing
Price :- Rs. 401

Physical criteria for Indian Army through NDA exam-

You can get more information regarding the exam at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th August 2013, 12:01 PM
Iftiyark3

You can apply for NDA by following points
1.you must be complete 12th passed in arts stream
2.your age have between 16 to 19
3.you must be fit in mentally and physically.
19th August 2013, 03:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for NDA examination through UPSC official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Just visit this link when the notification for NDA are released and fill all the mandatory details in the online application. You must have scanned photo and signature which you have upload in the application form. You can pay the application fee by net banking or bank challan ofr SBI.

Also don't worry if you are an Arts student in 10+2 because any stream students can apply for NDA. For Indian Army wing of NDA any stream students are eligible. So don't worry and start preparing for the exam.

Age Limit:

16.5 to 19 years is the age limit for NDA exam and only unmarried males can apply for it.

You also must be an Indian citizen.

Selection Procedure:

-Written Exam

-SSB

-Medical exam

Exam Pattern NDA:

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th August 2013, 06:06 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is good that you want to make your entry into defence services soon after the completion of your 12th class to serve the country.

In order to make entry into defence services, UPSC is conducting a common written exam for all the defence services which is NDA Exam.

By cracking this exam, you will be eligible to join the following defence services
Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

As you mentioned, you have done your 12th class with Arts and Mathematics but you did not mention whether you are having Physics subject or not in your 12th class.

The complete selection procedure will be
NDA Exam
Interview
Medical Test.

One should have completed 12th class with any of the stream in order to be eligible to apply for Army wing.

It is must that one should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects in 12th class in order to be eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force wings.

The required age criteria for the candidates should be 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

In addition, the candidate should be unmarried male candidate.

If you are a female candidate, you can not apply for this exam.

NDA Exam will be conducted 2 times in a year.

For this academic year NDA I and NDA II Exams are completed successfully.

So, this year, there won't be NDA Exam. You can apply for NDA I Exam of upcoming year if you possess the above mentioned eligibility criteria.

Wait for the notification to come. once the notification is released, it will contain all the things like
eligibility criteria
when to apply
how to apply etc.

For more information on this exam, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
19th August 2013, 06:24 PM
inderjeetsunda

Thumbs up Re: How should I apply for NDA after passing 12th Arts?

Hello Friend

Eligibility for NDA Exam:-
Age between
16 ½ to 19 yrs as of first day of the month in which course is due to commence

Qualification
12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF/Navy

Marital Status
Unmarried

According to Conditions above Condition you are eligible for only Army through NDA.

All The Best.
20th August 2013, 04:46 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NDA-National Defence Academy.

NDA exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) twice in a year.

NDA has three wings:-

Indian Army,

Indian Airforce,

Indian Navy.

12th standard arts students are eligible for Indian Army and for indian airforce and navy you must have to complete 12th standard with PCM subjects.

Eligibility details:-

The candidate should have to complete 12th standard or any equivalent from a recognised board or university.

You must be physically fit.

The age limits are 16.5 years to 19 years, no upper age relaxation.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Girls are not eligible.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Nationality:-

Candidate must be a citizen of India,

Or

A subject of bhutan,

Or

A subject of nepal,

Or

A tibetian refugee who came over india permanently.

Selection process:-

Written exam,

SSB interview,

Medical test.

Syllabus:-

Mathematics--> 300 marks,

General ability--> 600 marks.

Total marks= 900.

Physical standards:-

For more details visit
www.upsc.gov.in

§§§All the best§§§
21st August 2013, 11:50 AM
nishi513

Hi friend...NDA(National Defence Academy) exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year to recruit the candidates in Army,Navy and Airforce wings of National Defence Academy...The minimum educational qualification required to apply ->For Army wing is 12th pass under 10+2 pattern or equivalent examination conducted by a state education board/university ->For Airforce and Navy wings is 12th pass in 10+2 pattern with physics and mathematics subjects...Age limit to apply for NDA exam is 16 1/2 to 19 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply & the candidates must be physically and medically fit according to NDA regulations...So,with your educational qualification of 12th in arts stream,you are eligible to apply for Army wing only...ALL THE BEST...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?