29th December 2015, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Government job eligibility after completing B.A degree?

Hi sir, I have a query in my mind, Please solve my query as soon as possible. I would like to apply for a govt job whether my BA degree is valid for govt job or not?

30th December 2015, 04:58 PM
Ashwakh

Default Re: Government job eligibility after completing B.A degree?

With B.A as qualification also , you can apply for many Government jobs. You can also apply for Defence jobs.

~ You can apply for the CDS exam to join in defence services.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service.

This exam will conducts by UPSC two times in every year.

To apply for the exam ,

--> You should have completed Graduation from a recognized university.
--> Your age should be in between 19-22 years , to join in NAVY.
--> Your age should be in between 19-23 years , to join in Airforce.
--> Your age should be in between 19-24 years , to join in Army.
--> Your age should be in between 19-25 years , to join in OTA (Officers Training academy)
--> You should be a citizen of INDIA.

Selection process is ,

1. Written exam
2. SSB Interview
3. Medical test.

Exam Syllabus is ,

1. General knowledge = 100 marks
2. General english = 100 marks
3. Elementary maths = 100 marks
30th December 2015, 08:54 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to appear for government jobs examination after bachelor's degree from a recognised university. To get government job you need to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted for same.

So, you need to start preparation for examination you need to appear. To get government jobs after bachelor's degree you are eligible to appear for :-

IBPS/SBI.

SSC CGL.

CDS.

Civil Services.

Railway.

To appear in all these examination the required educational qualification is graduation in any discipline.
30th December 2015, 11:19 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

B.A. stands for Bachelor of Arts and as the name suggests it is a bachelor degree course.

Yes you are eligible for most of the government jobs on the basis of your educational qualification being a Bachelor of Arts degree holder as there is no compulsion of a particular subject for degree course for most of the jobs.

With your educational qualification, you are eligible for jobs in administrative field ( as IAS, IPS,etc.) , banking sectors ( as bank clerk or bank probationary officer ), teaching field ( as primary school teacher or secondary school teacher ), defense field ( only in Indian Army ), etc. . But for getting any job in these field you will have to clear their respective entrance examination and hence you must satisfy the other criteria ( such as nationality , age limit, additional qualification if any, physical and mental fitness etc. ) required for appearing in the same examination.

But being an Arts stream student , you are not eligible for joining in the technical field, medical field, Indian Navy, Indian Air force, Indian Engineering Service, and in jobs associated with commerce stream.

For more information about the entrance examination of the field of your interest you can log on to its official link or you can ask the question about the same by mentioning your specific field of interest on the same forum.
31st December 2015, 12:10 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir, I have a query in my mind, Please solve my query as soon as possible. I would like to apply for a govt job whether my BA degree is valid for govt job or not?

The graduation is the eligibility for government jobs. You can apply for jobs in government banks; the bank recruitment is done through IBPS. The eligibility to appear for Common Written Examination is a graduation in any discipline for the post of Clerks and Probationary Officer. The website link is http://www.ibps.in/

The candidate can apply for a job in Railways; the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) does the recruitment, there are many jobs in Railways. You can check the details in the website, the link is http://www.indianrailways.gov.in/rai...=0&id=0,7,1281

The candidate can apply for a LIC for the post of AAO; the eligibility will be Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree from any recognized university. There will be an online examination for the selection. The website link is http://www.licindia.in/careers.htm

You can work in ESIC; the eligibility for Upper Division Clerk (UDC) is a Degree from a recognized university or equivalent. The website link is given http://esic.nic.in/backend/writeread...8261f8cdc9.pdf

You can also find many jobs in the employment news paper.
31st December 2015, 10:49 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There are many examination conducted for recruitment of candidates in government jobs. So as you have not mentioned in which sector you need to get job it is tough to give you required eligibility for it.

But, as you have completed your bachelor degree you are eligible to appear for general competition conducted for recruitment of candidates in Banking, Railway, Defence, Grade B and C jobs through SSC.

So, you are eligible to appear for these examination to get the job and degree from any recognised university is valid.
31st December 2015, 10:56 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Bachelor degree passed candidates are eligible to seat for government jobs examination.

So, you can also seat for examination after passing graduation. Candidates even after appearing also have to qualify in entrance examination for final selection.

Only passing percentage in graduation is required to appear for examination. To get more information about any government jobs examination kindly leave your question on forum page.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?