5th September 2016, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

How to become an Indian Army officer after class 10th?

Sir, my childhood dream is to became an Indian army officer and I completed my 10th class in 83% in CBSE. Sir, I request you to please tell something to complete my goals.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join Indian Army after 10th? Does height matter in becoming an Army Officer?
  2. How to become an Indian Army officer after class 10th?
  3. How can I join the Indian Army after completing class 10th? Do I have to complete Graduation for joining the Indian Army?
  4. Is there any quota available to become an Officer in Indian Army for a candidate whose father is an Ex-Army Officer?
  5. How to join Indian Army after passing 10th class? I have scored 85% in 10th class
  6. Am I eligible to join the Indian Army without completing class 10th? What is the procedure to join the Indian Army?
  7. What subjects will be essential for army jobs after 10th class
  8. How's the real life of an Army Officer in the Indian Army? What is their monthly salary rank wise?
  9. How can I become an Army Officer being a son of Indian Army Subedar?
  10. How to join Indian Army after passing 10th? What is the criteria to join Indian Army? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to become an Army officer after class 9th?
  12. How to prepare for Indian Army for class 11 student with Arts stream?
  13. How can I join Indian Army after class 10th? -- [New]
  14. Can I apply in Indian Army for the post of Army Officer after scoring 58% in 10th?
  15. What should I do after class 10th to join the Indian Army? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Army?
  16. How to join Indian Army to become an officer or soldier? I have completed 10th wth 74%
  17. How to become an Indian Army Officer after 12th?
  18. How can I become an Indian Army Officer if completed 10th being a 16 years old female candidate?
5th September 2016, 08:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an Indian Army officer after class 10th?

To be an officer in Indian Army, at the very first you need to complete your higher secondary school degree and then you will have to qualify NDA entrance examination to join NDA.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and as the name suggests it is an defense academy which provided necessary education and trainings to those who have managed to qualify NDA entrance examination and are looking to be a defense officer i.e; lieutenant.

NDA entrance examinations are held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male citizen with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your higher secondary school degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the fitness norms as specified in the notification chart for the same examination.

For further details you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
5th September 2016, 10:19 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in joining Indian Army as an officer you need minimum 12th qualification.

For selection in Indian Army as an officer. The minimum eligibility criteria is to qualify in NDA examination. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 or pursuing from recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male and unmarried candidates are eligible.

So, you have to wait till 12th to appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for recruitment in Indian Army as an officer. For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
6th September 2016, 01:10 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a Class 10th passed candidate, to be an officer in Indian Army you will have to at least complete your Class 12th and then have to join NDA. Also you can become the same after completing your graduation too by joining CDS.

At present the only option for you in the Indian Army are the options of soldier and tradesmen i.e; Mess keeper, Store keeper etc. for which you will have to qualify its respective entrance examination which includes Rally followed Common Entrance Examination.

For more detailed information about the eligibility criteria of above discussed entrance examination you can visit the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
24th October 2016, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want to become a Army officer. I am the student of case board . I have passed my 10th class by 85% please tell me how can I join Indian army
26th October 2016, 04:06 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes, you can join the Indian Army through the NDA. NDA stands for National Defence Academy, to get into this must clear 12th in any faculty. UPSC to conduct NDA exam every year for Indian Army, Indian Naby & Indian Air force. Buy employment news every week this paper will give you update on this or visit UPSC website.
7th November 2019, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir! I am in std. 11 and I want to become an Indian Army officers. So please tell that how can I join Indian Army.
21st June 2020, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

1.Can i appear a nda entrance exam through online.
2.went its the entrance exam again date.
3.help me out .
11th July 2020, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
Im a tenth graduated boy , My ambition is to become an lieutenant of Indian Army. Im a state board school student and , I got 93% on tenth can i get a job , Sir or madom Please replay
13th September 2020, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO BACO ME A ARMY NOW I AM IN 10 CLASS AFTER 10 WHAT I CAN TAKE SUBGACT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?