1st April 2015, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and requirements to join SCRA for B.Tech graduate?

Hello,
I would like to join SCRA. I have completed
my B.Tech. Kindly tell me how to join SCRA?
What is the requirements?
With Regards-

4th April 2015, 01:41 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure and requirements to join SCRA for B.Tech graduate?

SCRA i.e Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year. This year examination has been completed on 18th January 2015. Next notification will be published in the month of October/November in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment News paper.

Eligibility:

You should have completed 12th or graduation with mathematics and at least one of the subjects physics and chemistry as their degree subjects from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No minimum marks is there to apply for SCRA Examination. You must have attained the age of 17 years and must not have attained the age of 21 years at the time of appearing for this examination. Upper age limits is applicable for this examination. You must be physically and mentally fit while appearing for this examination.
4th April 2015, 04:36 PM
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I would like to join SCRA. I have completed
my B.Tech. Kindly tell me how to join SCRA?
What is the requirements?
With Regards-
If you want to join the Special Class Railway Apprentices, then you must have the following eligibility:
1. You must have a 60% marks in 10+2 examination.
2. Your certificate must be from recognized college or Institute.
3. Your age must be between 17 to 21 ( For unreserved category)
4. You must be Indian Citizen
8th April 2015, 07:37 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear certainly you have a chance to apply for SCRA ( Special Class Railway Apprentice )with B.Tech as qualification. In fact SCRA is the examination conducted by UPSC which recruits the intermediate candidates for SCRA.

Eligibility criteria for SCRA :

Educational qualifications :

1.You should complete 12 with Maths and get a minimum second class division in Physics and Chemistry from the recognized board.

2.Or if you have a degree in your hands then also you are eligible to apply for the SCRA.

3.Or a candidate have not completed graduation yet can also eligible to apply for SCRA ( means pursuing graduation )

Age criteria :

1.Age should be in between 17 to 21 years and there is a age relaxation for the reserved candidates.

And the Notification regarding the SARA will be released in the month of February and Examination will be conducted in the month of July.
9th April 2015, 08:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

SCRA stands for the Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination. It is conducted by the UPSC for 10+2 PCM candidates.

If you have already bachelor's degree in technology the what is the need of going for the SCRA exam.

As SCRA gives you chance of pursuing bachelor's degree in technology from BIT Mesra. However if you are interested then your age must be below 21 years in order to apply for this exam.

You must have secured more than 60% in PCM subjects of 10+2.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?