20th March 2015, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to qualify in CDS-OTA exam?

Hello,
I am in a confusion and don't know
how to prepare for CDS-OTA examination.
Kindly tell me how I prepare. I want to qualify anyhow.
Please help me friends.

23rd March 2015, 05:44 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to qualify in CDS-OTA exam?

Combined Defence ServiceS (CDS) is an exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

CDS - OTA exam consists of English and General knowledge sections for 200 marks which is of Objective type.

PREPARATION TIPS :

* Develop the habit of reading Newspaper regularly.

* Reading the Newspaper not only improve the vocabulary but also improves the knowledge on the Subject.

* One can refer to the basic Grammar books to clear the concepts.

* Practice previous papers to get an idea on what to expect.

* Read magazines and watch Television to know the latest happening in and around the world.

* Elementary Mathematics consists of Basic Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration.

* Read the topics thoroughly.

* First, pick the topic on which you are stronger. Later move on to difficult ones.

* Know your strengths and weaknesses.

* Plan your preparation.
27th March 2015, 04:53 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to qualify in CDS-OTA exam?

CDS stands for the Combined Defense Services. The entrance exam for this service is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice every year.

It gives you chance to join various academies like:

1. Indian Military academy

2. Officer's Training Academy.

3. Indian Naval Academy

You must be a graduate or final year of bachelor's degree to apply for this exam with minimum age of 19 years. For any more details, you can visit the official website of UPSC that is www.upsc.gov.in.

Here is the preparation strategy for cracking this exam:

First, go through the paper pattern of this exam which is as below:

As you can see that there is 120 questions of each English and general knowledge for OTA.

>>So, work on comprehension, grammar rules, synonyms, antonyms. You can refer for the basic book that is English Grammar by Wren and Martin.

>>For general knowledge, you can go for the Lucent Publication or Arihant Publictions book which has everything in short and precise manner.

>>Make a habit of reading newspapers daily and watching news channels for current affairs.

>>Practice previous years questions papers to get an idea of what type of questions are asked and where do you stand after your preparation.

>>Work on routine as consistency plays a vital role in cracking this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?