20th March 2015, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate?

Sir,
I am studying B.Stats in Indian Statistical Institute, Delhi.
I want to apply in Indian Statistical Service Examination.
Kindly tell me the details of this service exam
and procedure for applying.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information and eligibility criteria of Indian Statistical Service exam?
  2. When the notification of Indian Statistical Services recruitment exam will be released? Eligibility to apply?
  3. Indian Statistical Service Exam, Statistics - IV Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  4. Can I apply for Indian Statistical Service examination after M.Sc. (Mathematics)?
  5. Indian Statistical Service Statistics - III Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Indian Statistical Service Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. Am I eligible to apply in Indian Statistical Service if having B.Com and M.Com with Statistics?
  8. Indian Statistical Service exam question papers
  9. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech, 10th and 12th to sit for IES? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Solution of last year Indian Statistical Service exam?
  11. Percentage required in B.Stats to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam? Coaching classes for preparation in Delhi? -- [New]
  12. Am i eligible for Indian Statistical Service exam after passing MSc Ag(Statistics)
  13. Indian Statistical Institute MS in Library and Information Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  14. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam if pursuing M.S. 3rd semester?
  15. Previous 5 years questions papers with solutions for Indian Statistical Service entrance exam?
  16. Can I appear in Indian Statistical Service exam with M.Sc degree of Open university?
  17. How to download model question papers of Indian Statistical Service?
  18. Previous question papers of Indian Statistical Service exam?
21st March 2015, 02:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate?

The Indian Statistical Service examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for recruitment of Grade IV officers to Indian Statistical Service. Eligibility criteria required to appear in ISS examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Age Limit :-
You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

3. Educational Qualification :-
You must have obtained a Bachelor's Degree with Statistics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master's degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/ Applied Statistics from a recognised University.

4. Physical Standards :-
You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC ISS examination notification.

How to Apply :-
Candidates who are interested to appear in Indian Statistical Service (ISS) examination
can apply for examination by visiting the UPSC official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in/. The last date for submission of ISS 2015 examination application forms is March 20th, 2015.
27th March 2015, 08:07 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and procedure to apply in Indian Statistical Service exam for B.Stats candidate?

For sure dear , ISS refers to Indian Statistical Service Examination and for this you have to satisfied the below requirements. You should have PG in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Mathematics Statistics. That to Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Coming to the Notification details you have to fill the Online Application form from the website of UPSC. Then you have to upload your signature and the photograph according to the size requirements by the UPSC.

Finally you have to click on the Submit button and take the print out of the Application form .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?