25th December 2017, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

How to get job in Indian Air Force after 12th?

Sir, I have completed intermediate with PCM group and secured 87% marks. I want to get job in Indian Air Force. Please tell me how can I get job in Indian Air Force?

Related Questions:
29th December 2017, 06:56 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get job in Indian Air Force after 12th?

You can get job in Indian Air Force after 10+2 by clearing written test and Service Selection Board of National Defence Academy examination.

Eligibility criteria for NDA/NA entrance examination:

1. You must have done 10+2 with PCM to apply for NDA exam for Indian Air Force.

2. Age limit is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

3. Only unmarried male Indian candidates can apply for this exam.

NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year.
29th December 2017, 09:26 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Since you are interested to join Indian Air force having completed your Class 12th with PCM group with 87% marks so you are eligible for joining Indian Air force as an officer as well as an airmen.

For your recruitment as commission officer you need to join NDA ( National Defense Academy ) by qualifying NDA entrance examination. Also for appearing in the same examination you must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Further for joining as airmen you need to qualify its respective entrance test and for appearing in the same you are required to be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying within 17 years 21 years.

For more details and updates regarding these entries you can log on to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in .
29th December 2017, 04:15 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can join Indian Air Force after 12th. For that you have to appear for NDA exam conducted by UPSC. UPSC conducts this exam twice a year with the name NDA I and NDA II .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Age limit :16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Marital Status : only unmarried male candidate .

Edu. qualification : 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Selection process :

Written examination

Personal interview by SSB.
29th December 2017, 04:35 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed intermediate with PCM group and secured 87% marks. I want to get job in Indian Air Force. Please tell me how can I get job in Indian Air Force?

Candidates after 12th standard can join the Indian Air Force through the National Defence Academy (NDA). Candidates have to appear for the NDA examination conducted by the UPSC. Candidates who have studied 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics subjects in the age group of 16.5 years to 19 years are eligible to apply for the NDA examination. Only male candidates are allowed for the NDA - Air Force. The NDA is one of the best options available for the 12th passed students to join the Indian Air Force. Candidates can find the advertisement in the UPSC website in the month of June and December every year. The UPSC website link is given Click Here
29th December 2017, 05:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The best option will be NDA exam after class 12th, if you want to become an officer in Indian Air Force. Selection will be on the basis of performance in written exam and SSB interview.
There are non officer posts available too, like Group X and Group Y trade for class 12th pass candidates. Selection is based on the performance in the written exam and physical fitness test.
29th December 2017, 08:12 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned that you are interested in joining Air force or Navy after the exam 10+2. The best way to do so after 10+2 is to track the National Defense Entrance exam.

This entrance exam is held twice every year for the candidates who are interested in joining the different wings to defense:

Eligibility Criteria for this Exam:

1. Minimum 10+2 from a recognized board passed.

2. You age must be between 16.5-19 years.

3. Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam. So, if you female then you cannot give this exam.

4. Physical fitness along with mental necessary.

5. Indian citizenship is compulsory.

PREPARATION TIPS:

As you have some time for preparation as the exam will be held in 2018, you can join a good institute like Baalnoi academy, Minerva academy, Disha classes for better preparation.

Hope the information helps you.

All the best for your career.
29th December 2017, 08:25 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Since you have completed your intermediate degree with PCM group with 87% marks the best possible option for you in Indian Air force is the option of Commissioned officer.

For becoming commissioned officer in Indian Air force you need to join National Defense Academy (NDA) by qualifying NDA entrance examination held by UPSC.

* Apart from your educational qualification, the qualifications which you must hold are as here under :-

i) You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

ii) Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

iii) You must hold physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

Apart from commissioned officer you can even apply for the post of Airmen for which the age limit is 17 years to 21 years.

For more detailed information regarding different entries in Indian Air force you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in .
29th December 2017, 09:14 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NDA/NA stands for National Defence Academy/Naval Academy. NDA/NA examination is conducted twice every year by UPSC for selection of candidates into different wings of Defence. The academic qualification required for Indian Air Force is that candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with PCM subjects.

You are eligible for NDA examination. You need to pass in written test and SSB and secure a place in merit list to get job in IAF. The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years. There is a condition that only unmarried male candidates can apply for exam.
29th December 2017, 10:21 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to get job in Indian Air Force after completion of 12th Class:

In order to join Indian Air Force, you may appear either in NDA Examination or CDS Examination that are conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year.

For NDA Exam - 12th Class
For CDS Exam - Graduation

As you have completed 12th Class, I can suggest you to apply for NDA Examination. There are three wings in NDA and they are,
> Indian Navy
> Indian Air Force
> Indian Army

The basic educational qualification required for Air Force, 12th Class with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects in order to be eligible. Once you get selected in NDA Entrance Examination, then you are required to appear in SSB Interview.

Click here for More Details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?