1st September 2015, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Which course I need to opt for in graduation to become an IAS?

Which course I need to opt for in graduation to become an IAS? Can someone please provide me the complete details on the same? I really wanted to understand on what all things I need to follow up? Awaiting for the answer from everyone!

1st September 2015, 07:58 PM
dinesh the king

Default Re: Which course I need to opt for in graduation to become an IAS?

Sir,It is better to choose the course which you like most and also in which more topics which are in IAS syllabus are covered in that course
1st September 2015, 08:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any stream in Graduation in which you are interested to become an IAS officer. To become an IAS officer, the minimum educational qualification required is completion of Graduation or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. So, by pursuing any Graduation course from a recognised university, you are eligible to appear in IAS examination. So, I suggest you to opt for any course in Graduation in which you are interested.
2nd September 2015, 12:36 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There is no such specific course which a candidate must take in order to be eligible for the Civil Services examination conducted for the different services like Indian Administrative Services, Indian Police Services etc. You can do bachelor's degree in any discipline as per your interest and can appear for the Civil Services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria for the Civil Services examination is that candidate must be graduate in any discipline with passing percentage of marks. There is no specified course only bachelor's degree from a recognized university is needed.

The age limit which you fulfill is 21-32 years for general category and 21-35 for OBC candidates and 21-37 years for SC/ST candidates.

To become IAS officer, you need to clear all the three stages of this exam, preliminary exam, mains exam and interview. This is one of the toughest exam of India, so hard work with determination and dedication is required to crack this exam.
2nd September 2015, 12:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which course I need to opt for in graduation to become an IAS? Can someone please provide me the complete details on the same? I really wanted to understand on what all things I need to follow up? Awaiting for the answer from everyone!
If you have complete degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. Final year student are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years if you a general candidate. Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
2nd September 2015, 12:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services and to become an I.A.S officer you have to qualify in the Civil Services examination. The civil services examination is conducted every year by the UPSC.

No, there is no limitation on the discipline of the graduation as the eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-30 years.

So, you can appear for the examination if you have completed your graduation but the examination for the first stage is over for the 2015. So wait for the 2016 the notifications for the examination is released in the May and the examination are conducted in the August.

After qualifying in the first stage candidates have to qualify another two stages for the final selection. For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd September 2015, 12:42 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are free to opt for any courses in the graduation to appear in the civil services examination which is conducted every year. The examination is conducted for the officers vacancy as an IAS, IPS, IFS etc.....

The qualification to appear in the examination conducted in the August as the preliminary examination is candidates must have passed the graduation in any discipline with the minimum of passing aggregate. The age must be between the 21-30 years and relaxation as per government norms.

The candidates after qualifying in the Preliminary stage are eligible for the Mains and then in the Interview by qualifying in the Mains. For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd September 2015, 03:45 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Service. Union Public Service Commission organises Civil Services examination every year for IAS.

Graduation in any discipline from a UGC recognized university or its equivalent is the minimum requirement to appear for the exams. You can do bachelor's degree in any discipline as per your interest. There is no limitation set by UPSC that candidate have to do bachelor's degree in any specified stream.

The age limit is 21-32 years for general category candidates. Upper age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

Official website for any further more details if you want: www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd September 2015, 06:17 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

To become IAS officer, candidate have to appear for Civil Service Exams.
Candidate must have passed graduation in any stream from any recognised university.
There is no minimum percentage criteria.

Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years.

You should opt for that stream in graduation which you fell easy or in which you are more interested. As you will get more time to prepare for IAS exam. I suggest you to opt for graduation course of 3 years duration. like B.Sc, B.A., B.Com etc so that you will get much time for IAS preparation.

For syllabus please go through the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 10 views)
2nd September 2015, 08:32 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Minimum qualification to become an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer is Graduation. The graduation can be in any field, not any specified field is mentioned. So, you can do graduation in any field as your wish.
After completing your graduation, to become an IAS officer, you have to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once in a year.
Selection procedure for IAS after Civil Service Exam is given below:

> Civil Service Preliminary Exam
> Civil Service Main Exam
> Personal Interview

Eligibility criteria for Civil Service Exam:

Graduation in any stream from a recognized University.
Candidates pursuing final year of Graduation are also eligible for the exam.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years.

All the best.
2nd September 2015, 10:54 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You are free to pursue the any desired course in the graduation if you also desires to appear in the IAS examination and qualify in the examination. IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services and to become you need to qualify in the Civil Services examination.

The required qualification to appear in the examination is candidate who have passed the graduation in any stream from a recognised university and age between the 21-30 years are eligible to appear in the examination.

The examination is conducted in the month of August every year but the examination is some how tough as there are very few seats in respect to the number of applicants in the examination.
19th September 2015, 10:40 PM
DSP@1

The eligibility criteria for IAS Officer are as follows.

-Candidate must have completed his/her from the recognized university,
-Candidate must have age between 21-30 years,
3 years of age relaxation for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates is given,
-Candidate must be the Citizen of India/Nepal.

As it is mentioned only graduation course without specifying any stream,all streams are eligible for IAS Officer.

So it is upto you now you can choose the course which you like.Select the course of your desire so that even if you are unable to qualify the test for IAS Officer,you can pursue your career in that your graduation field.
30th September 2015, 08:31 PM
vinoth1921

-->It is required to do any graduation from any recognized university from India.
-->Any Arts Degree will do favour for IAS as it is only 3 years course and it also helps you to prepare parallelly during the course itself.
-->Course in History/ Geography/ Economics will be an added advantage.
-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.

If you do Engineering, you can opts for other exams like
-->IES is the one of the exam conducted by UPSC every year for the post of Engineers for the superior posts.
-->CDS is conducted twice in a year for the posts like Executive, Engineers etc. which helps you to get into Defense services.

Eligibility for UPSC Service
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate with Minimum 65%.(Relaxation is there for reserve candidates)
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.
6th May 2016, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

i had passed my 12th by choosing PCM and I want to prepare for IAS pls tell me which subjects I must opt in graduation which helps me clearing IAS exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?