7th December 2011, 09:51 AM
Kuamrt

How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate having completed 10+2 with Science stream?

Sir I am Tarkeshwar i passed 10+2 with science stream. I am a middle student (not intellegent). I am I want ot become an IPS officer. My Date of Birth is 07/01/1987. Please guide me.

Thanks

7th December 2011, 12:54 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate having completed 10+2 with Science stream?

In order to become IPS Officer, you have to crack the civil services examination being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Here is the selection procedure to become an IPS Officer.
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognzied university.
-Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this exam. But they should be able to submit the proof of passing Graduation in Interview.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam.
-Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC cateogry and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Number of attempts :
-The maximum number of attempts for the candidates of General category are 4.
-For the candidates of General categroy, the maximum number of attempts are 7.
-There is no limit on the number of attempts for this exam for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Being a candidate of 10+2 with Science stream, you are not eligible to apply for this exam now. But, you can appear for this exam in the final year of your Graduation.

So, I suggest you to choose the specialization whichever you are interested in your Graduation course and crack it well.

Decide upon the optional subjects for IPS Exam now itself and start preparation for this exam from the first year of Graduation course.

For more information on IPS Exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
28th December 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate having completed 10 2 with Science stream?

Sir how i can my improve speaking or talking skills in Ips interviews bcz i hv fear i am not able to talk properly plz sir suggest solution sir my name is gadiling k v and i want to become an Ips officer
29th March 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate having completed 10 2 with Science stream?

i am 32 yrs old. Is it possible to attempt IAS Exam and IPS Exam.please guide me which age limit to write civil exams.
15th May 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

what should we start with if we are studying with technical subjects
11th October 2012, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am a student of standard 9th aiming to become an ideal IPS officer.. so, what further step should i take to pursue my goal?
11th October 2012, 04:34 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate having completed 10+2 with Science stream?

To become IPS officer you will have to write Civil Service Exam first.
You should be the citizen of India

Age limit:-
Must be not less than 21 years and should not more than 30 years for general category candidates
Up to 5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
Up to 3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

3)Minimum Education Qualification:-

Graduation from recognized University
Final year students who are awaiting for results are also apply

Number of Attempts:-

For SC/ST candidates there is no limit
For OBC candidates maximum number of attempts are 4
For General category candidates maximum limit is 7 attempts

Thanks...
12th October 2012, 03:08 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

I P S

To become IPS officer, you have to write Civil service exam conducted by UPSC. To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognised board and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. The post highly competitive among aspirants. Designations like DSP, SP , Commissioner are given to passouts after training for IPS. After selection, you will be trained for two in IPS academy in Hyderabad.

The notification of CSE Examination is going to be published soon next year in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

No, offline application form facility is applicable for any candidates in this examination.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains, Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this is objective and there are two papers in this examination. If you cracked this stage, then you are eligible for Mains.

The main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the optional subjects for Main examination.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will be able to cracked this examination, If you face any problem then you can join some good coaching classes.

For more details about this examination, please check the official website of UPSC.
12th October 2012, 03:10 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

HELLO DEAR

I P S

To become IPS officer, you have to write Civil service exam conducted by UPSC. To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognised board and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. The post highly competitive among aspirants. Designations like DSP, SP , Commissioner are given to passouts after training for IPS. After selection, you will be trained for two in IPS academy in Hyderabad.

The notification of CSE Examination is going to be published soon next year in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

No, offline application form facility is applicable for any candidates in this examination.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains, Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this is objective and there are two papers in this examination. If you cracked this stage, then you are eligible for Mains.

The main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the optional subjects for Main examination.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will be able to cracked this examination, If you face any problem then you can join some good coaching classes.

For more details about this examination, please check the official website of UPSC.
2nd December 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

AFTER 12TH FROM SCIENCE SIDE CAN I MAKE HIMSELF A IPS OFFCIER
13th December 2012, 02:31 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IPS Officer being a candidate having completed 10+2 with Science stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuamrt View Post
Sir I am Tarkeshwar i passed 10+2 with science stream. I am a middle student (not intellegent). I am I want ot become an IPS officer. My Date of Birth is 07/01/1987. Please guide me.

Thanks

hi friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

1. A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Descipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
  2. Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4
OBC - max. 7.
SC/ST - No limit.

Subjects for IPS:

1. Geography
  2. Geology
  3. History
  4. Law
  5. Arabic
  6. Assamese
  7. Bengali
  8. Agriculture
  9. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  10. Anthropology
  11. Botany
  12. Chemistry
  13. Civil Engineering
  14. Commerce & Accountancy
  15. Economics
  16. Electrical Engineering

Exam pattern:-

15th December 2012, 07:06 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You should immediately take admission for a graduation course. It can be any course although since you are science stream student, B.Sc would be an good option. It would not matter if you take bachelor course through regular or correspondence. But important thing is that you do complete graduation.

You can not apply for the Indian Police Service unless have completed graduation. This is why I asked you to do so. Your date of birth is 1987, which means that you are 25 years old. By the time you will complete graduation, your age would be 28-29 years.

The age limit for IPS entrance exam is 30 years. Therefore without wasting any more time, pursue graduation. You don't need to worry about percentage. Just complete the graduation and appear for the Indian Police Service exam.

When you reach the 3rd and final year of graduation, start preparing for the IPS exam. Ther are more than 10 Lakh students who apply for IPS and only 300 are selected each year. It is quite a competitive exam which you can only crack it study hard.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen to apply for IPS.

2. A bachelor degree in any stream is required.

Age Criteria

1. The age limit is 21 to 30 years for IPS.

2. Three years relaxation is given to OBC.

3. 5 years relaxation is given to SC/ST.

Exam Pattern

1. preliminary exam

2. main exam

3. interview
29th March 2013, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

can i take medical in class 10 1 and 10 2 to become I.P.S officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?