15th November 2017, 09:57 PM
Mulagani.Eshwar Reddy

Can I start IAS exam preparation while studying B.Com 1st year?

Can I start IAS exam preparation while studying B.Com 1st year? Is it the right time? or I should wait for some more time? Can someone please guide me with the right information on the same? Your valuable suggestion would help me to reach the goal. Thanks!

Related Questions:
18th November 2017, 08:16 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I start IAS exam preparation while studying B.Com 1st year?

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is the civil services exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) for the recruitment of eligible candidate for Indian administrative civil services. If you want to appear in IAS (Indian Administrative Services), then you must have to fulfill eligibility conditions as mentioned below:-

Eligibility Conditions for IAS Exam:-
  • For IAS exam applicant must be citizen of India.
  • To appear in IAS exam applicant must have done bachelors degree from any government recognized institute, Candidates appearing in final year of their bachelor’s degree are also allowed to appear in IAS exam.
  • Age limit to apply for IAS exam is 21 to 32 years, Relaxation of 3 years for OBC category candidates, Relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

So if you fulfill these above mentioned eligibility conditions, then you can appear in IAS exam.
18th November 2017, 06:46 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can start IAS examination preparation while studying B.Com first year. To crack the IAS examination, you have to take the IAS examination coaching from a recognised coaching center which offers good quality of coaching. You should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university and you should be within 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to apply for IAS examination.
20th November 2017, 08:50 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Offcourse, This is the very right time and you must start your preparation if you are really serious about cracking the Civil Services exams. You can start you prep now with proper Guidance and believe me if you start now with proper guidance you will clear it in your first attempt.

Start your preparation with a thorough study of NCERT Books from class 6th to 12th. The NCERT books arebasics of CSC Exams. Many questions are asked directly from there.

Also, Focus seriously on you B.Com as it will help you in the Optional Paper in the mains if you choose it. However you are free to choose any Optional subject.

Also try to write Essays and articles on current important topics going on as it will help you a lot in the mains examination.

You can click here for more information and preparation strategy

A brief Introduction of the Exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?