13th July 2015, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for government job after completion of civil engineering?

Is 60% of aggregate is necessary for job in departments like pwd wcl irrigation? What is the eligibility for government job after completion of civil engineering? Can someone please provide me the details soon as possible? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get a government job after completion of B.TEch in Civil Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering?
  3. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  4. Which Government job I can apply for after completion of diploma in Civil Engineering?
  5. What are the preparations required to get Government job after completion of Diploma in Civil?
  6. Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  7. How to get Government job after completing diploma in Civil Engineering?
  8. What I have to do to get Job after completion of BE in Civil Engineering?
  9. How to get a job in government section after completing diploma in civil engineering
  10. Am I eligible for Government jobs if pursuing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  11. How to get Government job after completing Civil Engineering?
  12. Is there any Government job for Civil Engineering candidates?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for civil government job after completion of 5 years service in Indian Army?
  14. What are the exams which will help to get a government job after completing civil engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How can I get a government job after passing B.E Civil Engineering? Which exams are conducted for civil engineering?
  16. Is there any entrance exam to be answered to get a government job after doing diploma in civil engineering?
  17. Is there a chance for me to get the government job after completion of B.Tech 3rd year ECE?
  18. What is the future scope of civil engineering after completion of PG in Civil Stream?
13th July 2015, 06:06 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for government job after completion of civil engineering?

You can get job in private as well as government sector after civil engineering.

You can give GATE exam which is now necessary in any public sector company such as BHEL, NTPC, NHAI.

You can apply SSC CGL exam to get government job in various departments.

Civil services are very good option after civil engineering.

Eligibility for Civil Services:

Graduation from recognized university. Appearing in qualifying examination are also eligible for civil services.

Age should be between 21-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidates.

Only Indian Citizen can apply this exam.

Selection Process:

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Interview
13th July 2015, 06:44 PM
dhaliwal jatt

Default Re: What is the eligibility for government job after completion of civil engineering?

Hello dear friend:

-> For government Job, there is a eligibility Criteria which is:

1. Candidate must have passed graduation in any stream with 60% marks.
2. Age limit is 21 to 30 years

Selection Procedure:
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Mains
3. Interview

-> after completion of graduation, you must be apply for various fields
1. UPSC
2. IAS
3. IPS
4. BEl
5. Indian Navy
6. Indian Army
7. Indian Air force
8. Indian Railway
9. Banks

-> So you must have apply for these government jobs field.
-> Thanku so much and all the very best
13th July 2015, 08:44 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

After the completion of your graduation, you can apply for many government jobs in different government departments like Railway, Banks, Defence, Army, Navy, etc. And the eligibility criteria varies from one job to another job, So, we can tell you the exact eligibility criteria, only if you can specify the post, to which you want to apply. So, at next time, try to specify the department name and job name, to which you are applying.
13th July 2015, 09:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is 60% of aggregate is necessary for job in departments like pwd wcl irrigation? What is the eligibility for government job after completion of civil engineering? Can someone please provide me the details soon as possible? Thank you!
After completion of B.Tech in Civil Engineering, you are eligible for SSC exam.

SSC conducted CGL,LDC,FCI,Higher secondary level exams. This exams doesn't require any kind percentage marks.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university then you are eligible for above mentioned jobs.

But your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.
13th July 2015, 10:42 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no such requirement for government jobs. You can get a government job even with a percentage less than 60% in your B.Tech civil engineering. However, you might get less preference due to low percentage during the final selection process. Usually a degree is enough to be eligible for government jobs. Most of the intake in government jobs is done through written exam followed by interview rounds, thus, degree percentage does not hold much value. However, there are certain government jobs which ask for 60% or above. You should concentrate at preparing for the entrance exams based on which you can get a government job like GATE, IBPS, Civil Services, RRB, CDS, etc.
14th July 2015, 12:11 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Civil engineering branch combine the planning, designing and executing of structural activities.

Some of the government jobs to which they can choose are given below :

* Site engineer.

* Design engineer.

* Project designer.

* Assistant engineer.

* Planning engineer.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidates age should be between 21-28 years.

* Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree in civil engineering with at least of 55% marks from any recognized university or institution.

* Age relaxation is applicable as per norms.

The civil engineer graduates can also apply for the various exams like :

* IES.

* IAS.

* IPS.

* UPSC exams.

* SSC.

* Railways.

* Bank exams.

* Indian Army.

* Indian Navy.

* ONGC.

* IOCL.

* BHEL.

* HCL.

* ISRO.

* DRDO.
18th August 2019, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Please tell the common syllabus for all exams like gate , rrb , bank etc I need common syllabus for preparation
28th December 2019, 03:15 AM
Unregistered

Every universities have different grading systems is they look grading systems or not during applying for government job as a civil engineer
17th June 2020, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

For of o.c category cut off marks for civil engineering government Jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?