20th October 2012, 03:08 PM
iessaurabh86

How to crack IES exam if I am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering

hii sir!!! I m a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering. I want to crack the IES exam. And i have decided to prepare my exam by MADE EASY'S books for IES exams. Please tell me that it will helpful to me or not. If not please tell me the important books for IES.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for IES? Which books to prefer? I am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering
  2. How should I crack IES? I am a student of B.Tech first year electronics and communication student
  3. Preparation of upsc for IES
  4. Previous 5 year Question Papers of IES Exam for Electronics & Telecommunication stream?
  5. Can engineers from Instrumentation and Contol Engineering apply from any discipline in IES Indian Engineering Servces? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can an IT engineering graduate apply for IES(engineering services) exam?
  7. Can I give the IES exam as an electronics and communication student under ETC branch?
  8. Can I apply for IES by using electronics and telecommunication paper -- [New]
  9. Date of notification of IES(Electronics and Telecommunication) entrance exam?
  10. Is it possible to do sound engineering after completing degree in electronics and telecommunication
  11. Information about IES-ECE entrance exam? I am a average student in engineering
  12. How to crack IES if I am a student of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
  13. Tips for preparation of IES exam in Electronic and Telecommunication branch
  14. What can I do after completing my engineering? I am a electronics and telecommunication engineering student
  15. IES exam in Electronics and Communication after Engineering in IT?
  16. Tips to crack IES exam in 2 months? I am B.Tech final year student
  17. How to do PG in Aerospace engineering after passing 3 years electronics and telecommunication engineering?
  18. Admission in Aeronautical Engineering after Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering?
19th March 2013, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to crack IES exam if I am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering

priority subjects for ECE IES examination???
19th March 2013, 04:14 PM
mohitak47

Default Re: How to crack IES exam if I am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering

hi friend

it is a very good aim to join the IES

key to sucess "Sacrifice, determination, focus, dedication and HARD WORK"

about the exam
>> there will be 3 paper
>> paper 1 -- general studies and english
>> paper II-- OBJECTIVE TECHNICAL(part A and Part B)
>> paper II-- CONVENTIONAL (part A and Part B)

its recomended to strart preparation from the 3rd year of the Btech.

there are number of good coaching center which the coaches student, some of the best coaching centre are as follow

>> MADE EASY(DELHI)
>> IES ACADEMY(DELHI)
>> ACE ENGINEERING(HYDERABAD)
>> IES MASTER(DELHI)

i have attached the syallabus of ies exam
Attached Files
File Type: docx IES.docx(13.8 KB, 208 views)
19th March 2013, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iessaurabh86 View Post
hii sir!!! I m a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering. I want to crack the IES exam. And i have decided to prepare my exam by MADE EASY'S books for IES exams. Please tell me that it will helpful to me or not. If not please tell me the important books for IES.
It does not matter that you are a student of Electronics and Comm, still you can crack the examination with the help of memory techniques Ref: http://books.google.co.in/books?id=raRVq78byAUC
19th March 2013, 10:17 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Red face Re: How to crack IES exam if I am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by iessaurabh86 View Post
Hi,

Greetings, it is good to know that you are preparing for IES exam, this is also king of competitive exam that are written by many engineers all over India for Govt. Post in India.

In order to qualify for this you should be from these backgrounds:

• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics & Communications Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering

Age criteria:-

>>you must not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on August 1st on year of conduct of examination. This is crucial but relaxable for SCs/STs,OBCs.

Some tips for you:

>> first of all try to know the examination pattern and syllabus of the exam(ECE).

>>Divide your time and practise a lot with full length papers, aptitude and general english.

>>See 3 to 4 subjects which are important/which is carrying more weightage, instead of reading all the books, this is smart reading.

>>Start preparing general studies from Polity, Geography, History etc by NCERT books.

>>Read Newspaper and articles, watch TV news and update your GK.

>>Try to use correct grammar and good handwriting.

Reading good coaching materials is enough, MADE easy materials are also good, you can do it.
8th July 2013, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING 3RD YEAR B.E I WANT TO START MY PREPARATION FOR IES EXAM ....WHAT I HAVE TO DO
10th September 2013, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

I AM STUDYING ECE 3RD YEAR AND I WANT TO CRACK THE IES EXAM... I WANT TO START PREPARATION FROM NOW ONLY... WHICH BOOKS I HAVE TO REFER??
1st September 2015, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

I am 2014 B.tech Passout in Electronics and Communication,I want to crack IES exam but cannot join coaching as I am doing job. Please suggest whether I can crack it without leaving my Job?????
If Yes, How can I prepare for the Exam through self study. Please share some tips for the preparation.
4th September 2015, 12:06 AM
Rashmuu

Going for any exam is good. You first must have to understand the pattern of the exam. You can take the help from previous year papers of the exam. After understanding it, you have to make a plan accordingly than work on it sincerely,regularly hardly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?