11th June 2015, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get a government job with 54% marks in B.Com?

Is it possible to get a government job with 54% marks in B.Com? What is that I need to do? Can you please provide me the information on the same? I really wanted to get a government job but am not sure what I need to do for the same.

Thanks!

11th June 2015, 07:12 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get a government job with 54% marks in B.Com?

Yes, you can apply for government job, even if you have only 54% of marks in your graduation. For IBPS bank PO exams, there are no need to satisfy any percentage requirement, so, you can apply for such type of jobs, which does not require any percentage requirement or which require only minimum 50% of marks.
11th June 2015, 11:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is possible to get the government jobs having completed a bachelor of commerce degree with 54% aggregate as there is no provision of minimum marks in a particular degree to be eligible for these jobs but you need to compete their respective entrance examinations.

You have many options with you but few of the popular and respected government jobs for you are :-

Civil services jobs : For this you will have to clear the Civil services examination held by UPSC once every year and the required age limit for the same is 21 years to 32 years.

Banking jobs : In general there are two posts in this field which are the Bank Clerk and the bank probationary officer. The main examination related to this field are IBPS exams and SBI exams for which the age limit is 20 years to 28 years for Clerk and 21 years to 30 years for bank probationary officer.

Defense services : For this you will have to go through the combined defense services examination held by UPSC twice every year. Also in this examination you are eligible for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy and for these wings the age limit is 19 years to 24 years and 19 years to 25 years respectively.

There are many more options for you such as in law fields , teaching profession and other fields too.

For all these entrance examination the minimum educational qualification is a bachelor degree with the nationality of India. Also there is the relaxation in age limit and the minimum cutoff for the categories other than general as per the government norms.

For more details regarding a particular examination visit to its official link.
12th June 2015, 06:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possible to get a government job with 54% marks in B.Com? What is that I need to do? Can you please provide me the information on the same? I really wanted to get a government job but am not sure what I need to do for the same.

Thanks!
You have completed B.Com degree with 54% marks so you are eligible for government sector jobs like Bank exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI clerk exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS and SBI PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?