7th September 2017, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join CID after 10th standard

I am K.Rathna Kumari. Now I am studying 10th. How can I join in CID? Can you give me advise. Please help me. I like CID and I take risk for CID please help me sir reply.

7th September 2017, 10:12 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join CID after 10th standard

I am sorry to say that you cannot become a CID officer just after completing your 10th standard. At first you have to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university. Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years and age relaxation will be applicable as per government norms. You must be an Indian citizen and should be physically fit. You must have a good height too.

With this eligibility you have to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC. After clearing the examination you have to pass the physical fitness test followed by personal interview which will decide your selection.
8th September 2017, 12:50 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To become a CID officer after class 10th, you must have to complete your class 12th and Graduation in any stream.
After the completion of Graduation, you will be eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to appear for the Civil Services examination.
There are three stages of the examination:-

Written Test.
Physical Test.
Interview.

Candidates age must be in between 20 to 27 years to be eligible for the examination.
8th September 2017, 03:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You cannot join Criminal Investigation Department on the basis of 10th Class. In order to join CID, you are required to meet certain educational qualification.

The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for getting job in CID department is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are presently pursuing 10th Class, I suggest you to successfully pass the 10th Class with good marks and then you need to pursue higher secondary course.

>> After completion of 12th Class, you are required to pursue Bachelor Degree in the stream you are interested in.

>> You are required to appear in UPSC based recruitment's and pass Preliminary as well as Mains examination and followed by Interview.
8th September 2017, 08:06 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible for the post of CID (Criminal Investigation Department) officer just after qualifying 10th standard.
In order to become CID officer you need to appear for SSC CGL examination which is conducted by Staff Service Commission every year for making recruitment in various departments.
Eligibility criteria for SSC CGL:
>Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
>Candidate must have completed bachelors degree in any discipline form a recognized university.
>Age of the candidate should be in between 20 years to 27 years.
>Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
8th September 2017, 08:33 PM
Thexpert
Banned

No, You are not eligible to join CID, To join CID you need to qualify the exam i.e combined graduate preliminary exam (CGPE) conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year.
Eligibility criteria for this exam is graduation in any discipline.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?