15th June 2016, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join CID Department after B.Com? What are the Physical Standards required?

Hi sir, I completed my B.Com final year with 50% marks. I am willing you to join CID department after my Graduation. I am a scout from West Bengal and I received Governor Award. Please tell me the procedure to join CID Department and Physical Standards required.

15th June 2016, 09:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join CID Department after B.Com? What are the Physical Standards required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir, I completed my B.Com final year with 50% marks. I am willing you to join CID department after my Graduation. I am a scout from West Bengal and I received Governor Award. Please tell me the procedure to join CID Department and Physical Standards required.
You have completed B.Com degree, so you are eligible for CID recruitment exam.

But your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

If you have cracked in below given stages, then you are eligible for the post of CID recruitment exam.

1)SSC CGL Tier I

2)SSC CGL Tier II

3)Medical test

4)Physical test

5)Personal interview
15th June 2016, 09:32 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join CID Department after B.Com? What are the Physical Standards required?

CID stands for Criminal Investigation Department.

Recruitment exam for CID is conducted by SSC and the candidates are selected on the basis of CGL exam which is generally held in the month of April every year.

The eligibility criteria to apply for the exam are following:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate must have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized college/ university.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.There is no percentage bar for the marks obtained in the graduation degree.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 20 years to 27 years for general category,20 years to 30 years for OBC candidate and 20 years to 32 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection process involves;

* Written test,

*Physical test and

* Personal interview.

Physical Requirements:-

Height :
For male candidate - 165 cms.
For female candidate -150 cms
Height is relaxed for Hill men and Tribals by 5 cms.

Chest : 76 cms with expansion.

Eye-Sight (with or without glasses) :
Distant Vision :6/6 in one and 6/9 in other eye.
Near Vision:0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in other eye
16th June 2016, 01:45 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join CID Department after B.Com. What are the Physical Standards required?

Procedure to join CID Department:

There are two ways for you to join CID (Criminal Investigation Department). They are,

>> Direct recruitment from the state police force through Promotion
* You need to first get into the police force, and after getting year's of experience you may become CID Officer.

>> Appearing in Indian Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC
* You can directly appear in Civil Service Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. Based on the marks and rank you secure in this exam, you will be selected as a CID Officer.

>> As you have completed, B.Com with 50% marks I suggest you to appear in Civil Service Examination.

Physical Standards Required:

* Height for Men - 165 cms
* Height for Women - 150 cms
* Chest - 76 cms with Expansion
* Eye Sight:-
Distant Vision: 6/6 in One and 6/9 in Other Eye
Near Vision: 0.6 in One Eye and 0.8 in Other Eye
16th June 2016, 01:57 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join CID Department after B.Com. What are the Physical Standards required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The aspirant should clear the SSC CGL examination for joining in CID as Officer. The eligibility to appear for the examination is a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized university. The candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years. The height should be 157.5 cm and chest 81 cm. You have to clear the written test first and then appear for the physical endurance test & computer test. The aspirant should be physically fit to become a CID. You have to do cycling for 8 kms in 30 minutes time. You can find the details in the Staff Selection Commission website Official Website
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?