21st June 2014, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and qualification required to become CID Officer?

dear sir,
i am kanchan of 10th standard.i want to become cid officer but i dont have any support from my family for further studies.can u say me procedure to join cid n whar are the qualifications to become cid officer

4th July 2014, 11:19 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and qualification required to become CID Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir,
i am kanchan of 10th standard.i want to become cid officer but i dont have any support from my family for further studies.can u say me procedure to join cid n whar are the qualifications to become cid officer

It is good to see your interest in joining in as a CID officer and to join in this post you need to write the exam and there are standards which are needed to be satisfied and the eligibility standards needed are:

# Candidate should have a Citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard.

# Age limit needed is candidate should have 20-27 years of age for General category candidate and there are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidate.

# For SC/ST : 20-30 years

# For OBC : 20-32 years

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university and can be from any stream.

The candidate who satisfies all these criteria is eligible for the CID, and as you have mentioned that you are doing 10th standard,there is a long way to go to satisfy the eligibility standards so it is better that you continue your studies.

The candidate is selected for the post is:
  • Written Exam,
  • Physical Test,
  • Personal Interview

Regards
~Jxsab~
6th July 2014, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Dear, sir.
I am Suvendu of 10th standard. I want to become CID but i dont have any support from my family for further studies. Can u say me procedure to join CID?
7th July 2014, 09:54 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear, sir.
I am Suvendu of 10th standard. I want to become CID but i dont have any support from my family for further studies. Can u say me procedure to join CID?

Having a desire of becoming a CID officer at an young age is good to see but it should also be noted that you must satisfy the eligibility criteria to apply for the exam.

When regarding the education qualification which is needed for the exam it is that you are not satisfying it ,as for applying for the CID exam you need to have completed a Degree from a recognized university and as you have only completed 10th you are not eligible for applying at this stage,so it is better that you continue your studies.

Apart from the education qualification the other things to be satisfied along with the education qualification would be such as that the candidate appearing for the exam must have a Citizenship in India and the age limit which is needed for the exam is that the candidate should have 20-27 years of age for General category candidates and there are certain upper age relaxation which is allowed for other category candidates and that would include such as that for SC/ST it is 5 years extra and for OBC it is 3 years
18th August 2014, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

sir i. completed 12. and i want to be a CID so please tell me how i have to be lhysical and mental talents required for CID job. requestimg u.
21st August 2014, 12:31 PM
poojamit
Member+

For joining CID you need to clear some terms and conditions like citizenship, graduation from a recognized university, physical standards and a lot more.
27th March 2015, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir I bsc completed and I want to be a tell me cid join but I don't have any sport from my family sir mere ma papa nahi he or me cid me jana chahti hu plz sir plz one more chance plz sir
28th March 2015, 10:11 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear if you want to apply for the CID officer you have to complete graduation in any steam from a recognized university.

1.You should have the age in between 21 to 27 years .There is a Age relaxation for the reserved categorized students.

2.Under CID there are several posts like Constable and the Sub Inspector jobs.For Constable jobs you need to complete 12th with minimum percentage of marks.

3.But for Inspector job you should have the graduation as the qualification.

Actually CID exam is conducted by the UPSC every year according to the requirement.For further details you can have a look on the UPSC official website Click here .
6th April 2015, 07:24 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The full form for CID is Criminal Investigation Department.The procedure required to become CID Officer are as under :-
-The candidate has to clear the CGL exam conducted by SSC.
-The candidate should be a citizen of India with valid residence certificate.
-The candidate should have graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university and those who are in the final year of the course can also apply for the exam.
-The candidate age should be from 20 yrs to 27 yrs for general category and there is age relaxation for OBC candidate By 3 yrs and for SC/ST candidate 5 yrs.
-The selection process for the post of CID officer comprises of written exam, physical test followed by personality interview.
7th April 2015, 08:06 AM
Member+

Smile Re: Procedure and qualification required to become CID Officer?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;4525455]dear sir,
i am kanchan of 10th standard.i want to become cid officer but i dont have any support from my family for further studies.can u say me procedure to join cid n whar are the qualifications to become cid officer[/QUOTE

To became a CID officer you must have the following eligibility criteria :
1. Your age must be between 18 to 29 year without age relaxation
2. You must be graduate from any recognized university.
3. You must be Citizen Indian.

If you have the following eligibility criteria then you can appear for the SSC graduate level examination or UPSC examination after qualifying the examination you can able to become an CID officer
7th May 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am doing b.tech..after b.tech i want to become a CID officer...with security guard ...plz tell me how can i do this
29th August 2015, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

Hii sir this is Ganesh Prasad .I have completed my Btech.i am interested to join in crime investigation department.please guide me how to start my preparation and succeed to reach my goal.
eagerly waiting for ur replay sir.....
31st August 2015, 05:58 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends...................

CID job post is the government sector job post which works to investigation the complex cases under the government of India.

For the CBI or CID officer job post you have to write the entrance exam which has been conducted by the UPSC departments

Eligibility for the CBI or CID job posts :

Educational Qualification: you should be passed the bachelor degree from any recognized university.

Age limit: age must be between the 21 to 30 years.
Age relaxation:
5 years age relaxation for the SC/ST . or 3 years for the OBC.
Nationality:-
Indian citizen.
Physical requirement:
Height:
For men: 163 cms.
For women: 152 cms

selection process:
1,. written test
2.Interview
3.Physical and medical fitness test

for more detials visit: www.upsc.gov.in
All the Best
1st September 2015, 12:43 AM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends..............

CID means CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION DEPARTMENT required qualification for CID officers is graduation from a recognized university of India.

ELIGIBILITY:

Degree holders are eligible.

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Upper age relaxation for reserved candidates

5 years for SC/ST candidates

3 years for OBC candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india

SELECTION PROCESS:

Written exam

Interview

All the best
2nd September 2015, 01:16 PM
haripriya1993
Member+

Hi,

Its good to hear that you want to become CID officer. First let me tell about the different ranks found under the same.

The head of the CID in police forces is Additional Director General of Police (ADGP).

Ranks for CIDs

Additional Director General of Police (ADGP)
Inspector general of police (IGP)
DIG
SP
DSP
Inspector
Superintendent
Sub Inspector
Asst. Sub Inspector
Constable

In this with 12th qualification you can become constable or asst.sub inspector. For other posts you need to have a degree.
5th September 2015, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

I want to be know about cid i min how does i will be a constable of cid?
19th September 2015, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Hello ,I am Bhavana parasher student of class 12 . I am a healthy girl .I want to become a cid officer. What I have to do to become a cid officer.
24th March 2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have taken bipc but I want to become as cid officer is it possible to become as cid officer by taking bipc group
27th March 2016, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

I am lakshitha of class 4 b . I have a goal to become a CID officer.I am 9 years. Is there any way to reach my goal. Is there any books i have to study for CID . Please can you help me.My fathers number: 9962272092 you can send any message to my dad phone.

THANK YOU.
22nd October 2016, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is santhosh.I am from Hyderabad. I am studying btech 2nd year.sir I want to become a cid officer what is the qualification required I don't know how to apply please tell me sir.I want to sacrifice my life to be an Indian person please sir help me how to apply.
13th January 2017, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am studying my engineering 1st year now and my aim is to become a CID officer can you plz tell me about the examination written and how to apply for it
27th March 2017, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam I will complete diploma in computer engineering with IT then I join CID Please inform require information contact me:-7878447472
23rd April 2017, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 10 standard in March month. Now I am taking MPC but after 12th standard I want to become a CB CID officer. But no one knows what we have to study to take CID course. So that I am getting so much of tension that how I can become a CID officer without knowing what to study to become CID officer.But I have to become a part of CID compulsory.so please help me what I have to study to become CID after 12th standard.message to this no.8639473087. Please do me this help.
3rd May 2017, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

I am Prema studying b.tech (final year) i want to become as CID CHIEF OFFICER with no time, what are the step that i had to take ? and also can i write the exams of cid posts and upsc exams in this level?
please guide me .
4th July 2017, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir..
I am Aniket Katte.. Completed B.pharmacy degree.. I want to became a CID officer.. Can you tell me procedure qualification and about exam?
31st December 2017, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is Pankaj kumar gupta. I want to join cid officer please Sir send me some details about cid requirement on my email
[email protected]
16th April 2018, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

I am sahana G studying BCA(final year )I want become CID officer please sir send me some details about CID qualification and exam on my email
[email protected]
20th April 2018, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

I am punam. I am 18 years old. I want to become a I'M officer then what study I do. I am in 12th std science .
17th August 2019, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

I'm an diploma holder...... I am interested yo be work in cid...... My diploma is eligible to write an cid exam?????
10th November 2019, 12:14 AM
Mary neelima

Hi sir. Bi am neelima I am so much interested joining in CID .I have completed my BA(SW) in arts. Am I eligible for this job?. If it so, I am eagerly waiting for your reply and I will be grateful to u in my future.i will be waiting for your reply sir.plz
11th November 2019, 07:54 PM
siva211

Yes, you can apply. However, each state Crime Investigation Department have different requirements. Some states conduct separate examination for men and women.

The basic requirement for an officer post in CID is a degree from a PSC recognized university.
26th July 2020, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Hiii sir. This is SaiSupraja. Actually iam persuing my Btech in Mechanical Engineering. My goal was to become CID officer. We need the complete guidelines from preparation, applying for exam and syllabus. Please provide us the complete guidelines regarding this sir. And plan a webinar regarding this how to become a CID officer so we can easily understand. So please plan for a webinar in this epidemic period sir.
Thanking you sir
4th February 2021, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

I want yo become a detective so what is should to take after 12th. And my height is 138cms. So please tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?