19th July 2014, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Provision for Custom Officer other than UPSC exam?

Hi,,I am Atul Sonawane have done BE. I want to make my carrier in custom services.
Please help me to know the provision for custom other than UPSC exam.
My email Id :
[email protected]

20th December 2014, 01:43 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Provision for Custom Officer other than UPSC exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,,I am Atul Sonawane have done BE. I want to make my carrier in custom services.
Please help me to know the provision for custom other than UPSC exam.
My email Id :
[email protected]

To join in as a Custom officer you would need to write the entrance exam.The exam which you need to write is the Civil Services Exam(CSAT) as Custom officer comes in Group A’ or ‘Class 1’ Officers.

There is no way other than writing the UPSC exam as Civil services is one of the exams of UPSC. The qualification which are needed are:

# The candidate should have a Citizenship in India.

# The age limit needed is that the candidate should have 21-30 years for General category and there are certain relaxation for other category and they are for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

# Education qualification needed is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university.

The candidate who satisfies all the above criteria is eligible for applying for the exam

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Jxsab~
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?