4th January 2015, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Should I take coaching classes for UPSC exam if completed B.Tech(ME) 1st year?

hello
i have just completed my first year
from btech mechanical engineering..
Should i take the upsc exam coaching or
should i first concentrate towards my b.tech final ??

Related Questions:
5th January 2015, 07:00 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I take coaching classes for UPSC exam if completed B.Tech(ME) 1st year?

It is best to take coaching for UPSC examination from your B.Tech 3rd year. The UPSC conducts various examinations like IAS, IPS, IES, IFS, etc every year. To crack these examinations, you need to prepare well by taking coaching from reputed institutions. Following is the eligibility criteria required to appear in UPSC examinations is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ ST :- 5 Years

4. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview

No. Of Attempts :-
--> General :- 4
--> OBC :- 7
--> SC/ ST :- No Limit

Since, you have completed B.Tech first year, you need to wait for three more years to be eligible to appear in UPSC examination. So, I suggest you to take coaching for UPSC examination from your B.Tech 3rd year or final year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?