13th October 2015, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should i choose in 11th with aim of being an IAS?

Sir, l am now in 10th standard. I want to become an IAS. So suggest me which subjects should i choose in 11th for this?

14th October 2015, 12:00 AM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which subjects should i choose in 11th with aim of being an IAS?

-->IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) is one of the prestigious post in India and its minimum eligibility is that you must have degree in any stream.

-->So, after completing your 10th examination, you can Choose any specialization according to your Interest because any graduate candidates are eligible. So, you can Opt any one of the Stream according to your Interest in your 11th examination (Arts, Science or commerce).

>>Well I will suggest you to go through arts stream and take political science, geography, history as main subjects.
14th October 2015, 12:08 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidate can choose any subject of his interest.
To apply for IAS exam candidate have to first of all complete his/her graduation in any stream.
You should select any subject that you feel easy so that you can prepare well for IAS exam that is Civil Service Exam.
14th October 2015, 12:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, l am now in 10th standard. I want to become an IAS. So suggest me which subjects should i choose in 11th for this?
You can choose any stream in 11th standard to become IAS officer.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Optional subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

Mains subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.
14th October 2015, 01:09 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

IAS is a high civil service post and is a part of Civil services and to join in this post you need to apply for the Civil service exam conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

To apply for this exam, you should have a minimum qualification of completed a degree from a recognized university and as you have mentioned that you are a 10th student and wanting to know the subjects which you can choose in your 11th i have mentioned below:
  • Agriculture
  • Management
  • Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
  • Mathematics
  • Anthropology
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Botany
  • Medical Science
  • Chemistry
  • Philosophy
  • Civil Engineering
  • Physics
  • Commerce & Accountancy
  • Political Science & International Relations
  • Economics
  • Psychology
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Public Administration
  • Geography
  • Sociology
  • Geology
  • Statistics
  • Indian History
  • Zoology
  • Law

From this you can choose Science stream or commerce stream either of them will help you.

For more info check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th October 2015, 01:26 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can select any stream in 10+1 for the Civil Services exam. Any candidate with arts, science, commerce stream is eligible for the Civil Services exam.

So selection of subject should be done on the basis of interest. You can pursue your 10+2 in science stream as it has more opportunities as compared to other streams.

In bachelor's degree select the subject and stream keeping mind what will you take as optional subjects in mains exam of Civil Services exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?