24th June 2016, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

What is the age bar for government job exams?

Hi

I am 35 year old women, Holding Bachelor degree in Business administration and Computer courses, had experience in various reputed private companies, Kindly confirm is me eligible to write government job exams at this age? Kindly revert.

Related Questions:
  1. Age limit to apply for Teacher post in Kerala Government School?
  2. Am I eligible to give the government exams to get government job at the age of 19? -- [New]
  3. Is there any chance to get a government job after passing B.E CSE from Anna University Affiliated College? Are there any exams conducted for that? Details about all the government exams?
  4. Opportunities available in government sector after finishing B.E from Anna University? Which are the government exams?
  5. Is there any possibility to get a government job after doing B.E CSE from Anna University? Which are the entrance exams?
  6. Tamil Nadu Government Exams -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I participate in government job exams after crossing 30 years of age?
  8. Opportunities in government sector after passing MCA? Details about the government exams?
  9. Is age a major factor for getting the government job? Am I eligible to get the government job at the age of 34 years?
  10. Is there any chance for me to join government job after MSc Bioinformatics? Any exams conducted for admission?
  11. Any chance to get a job in Government after BA and TPT(Telugu)? Details about all the government and central government exams?
  12. Can I get a Government job after scoring 49% in Graduation?
  13. Any opportunity to join government sector after finishing MCA? Any exams to get a government jobs? Information about government and central government exams?
  14. Is there any government jobs available for candidates who are above 38 years of age?
  15. Which graduation course I can opt after 12th if I want to take government job in future?
  16. Qualification, age limit and government exams for Brake Inspector job?
  17. Any opportunity to get a job in government after B.E CSE? Any exam which are conducted for that?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for Government job exams if I am 40 years old?
24th June 2016, 08:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age bar for government job exams?

The age limit to apply for Government job examinations is not same for all posts. It varies from post to post. The minimum age required to apply for some posts is 18 years and for some posts it is 21 years where the maximum age limit for some posts is 30 years and for other posts it is 32 years. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 year for SC/ ST candidates is applicable as per government rules. Being a 35 year old women, you are eligible to apply for Government job only if you belong to any reserved category.
24th June 2016, 11:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the government jobs have age limit of 21 to 35 years maximum. After the age of 35 it is very difficult to find any government unless you are already in a government job.

The best option is lecturer job if you can qualify UGC NET or SET. For lecturer job there is an age limit up to 40 years in most universities. Only in case of reserved category the age limit can go above 40 years after relaxation.
25th June 2016, 01:38 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

I am 35 year old women, Holding Bachelor degree in Business administration and Computer courses, had experience in various reputed private companies, Kindly confirm is me eligible to write government job exams at this age? Kindly revert.

In the nationalised banks (IBPS) for the Clerks posts the maximum age limit is 28 years for general category.
In the nationalized banks (IBPS) for the Probationary Officer post the maximum age limit is 30 years for general category.
In state government jobs the maximum age limit for the general category is 30 years.
The maximum age limit varies in the government organizations. For OBC, SC & ST categories some year age relaxation will be there. You have to give us the post you want to apply, so that we give you the answer exactly.
25th June 2016, 02:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Actually the age limit vary according to the post and examination. In some government exams the age limit is in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation is given to the reserved categories in upper age limit. Where is in some government exams the age limit may exceed upto 50 years also so it depends on the post in which you want to apply.
25th June 2016, 03:43 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are definitely eligible for a job in government sector. There is no problem with your age since there are many government job posts which have the age limit even up to 44 years. So, you can apply for such posts in government sector. The list of upcoming government job openings and their application mode have been enclosed in the attachment below. You can refer it for further details on government jobs. Apart from this, you can also clear exams in the field of civil services, banking, railways to seek a job.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Gov Jobs.docx(12.6 KB, 120 views)
14th March 2017, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

I am 42.5 years old woman MA hindi.Can I am able to govt job. Which and how
13th July 2022, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

I am 44 years old bachleor in arts wht competitive exam can i give
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?