7th May 2017, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit for OBC candidate in government jobs?

I have 10 years in industry experience in PPC. I have completed my Diploma in mechanical. Currently I am 34 yrs age, if I start to graduate today then, it will be age 37 years. So, my question, is there any possibility to get government job after 37 years?

8th May 2017, 06:28 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit for OBC candidate in government jobs?

No, most probably there is no opportunities left for you for recruitment in government jobs in different sector.

OBC's candidates can avail a relaxation of three year in upper limit for most of government jobs entrance examination.

But still 34 years is more than maximum age limit for most of entrance examination.
8th May 2017, 11:09 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

It is very difficult to get government jobs at the age of 37 years, because it exceeds the maximum age limit. Generally, OBC candidates gets an age relaxation of 3 years, as a result they can apply for government jobs till the age of 33 to 35 years.

So, if you are really interested to get a government job, then you have to forget about your graduation and apply with your present qualification. Because, after graduation you will be exceeding the maximum age limit and you won't be able to apply for government jobs any more.
8th May 2017, 11:31 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Age Criteria Required for OBC candidates for government jobs:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you will not be eligible to apply for government jobs with 37 years. Yes, there is a certain age criteria required in order to apply for government job opportunities. Here is the basic criteria required.

>> You must have completed Bachelor Degree or Graduation in concerned discipline from a recognized university.

>> In general, maximum age allowed for OBC category candidates is 30 years. And there will be an age relaxation for OBC candidates of 3 years. So with this, the maximum age must not exceed 33 years for OBC candidates.

>> As you will be 37 years old by the time you apply for the recruitment, you are not eligible as per my best knowledge.
1st July 2019, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

What is the relaxation in obc for junior assistant post for up
3rd July 2019, 04:09 PM
spickeronline

The different exam has different limitations and criteria in Government sectors. For example for UPSC exam age limit for OBC is 35 years.
Join the best UPSC classes for proper guidance.
4th July 2020, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Teaching jobs for female BTech graduates in Karnataka for age 38
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?