19th July 2016, 10:07 PM
Md. Mujeeb

Maximum age limit to apply for Central Government jobs under OBC category?

Hello,
I am right now 39 years of age. I want to apply for Central Government jobs under OBC category because I belong to this category. What is the maximum age under OBC category to apply for Central Government jobs? Please reply asap.
With Regards-
Md. Mujeeb

20th July 2016, 03:48 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Maximum age limit to apply for Central Government jobs under OBC category?

For most of the central government jobs minimum age limit is 21 years & maximum is 30 years. But for some exams it varies. OBC category candidates get 3 years of age relaxation means you can apply for 3 more years. Your chances to apply for the job is less as you are 39 years old. I suggest you to buy employment news this paper will give you details for central government jobs.
20th July 2016, 04:31 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Maximum age limit to apply for Central Government jobs under OBC category?

The age limit to appear for different central government jobs entrance examination is different.

But, generally it is 21-30 years for general category and another 3 years of relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidates.

So, you are not eligible to appear for banking, staff selection, railway jobs. You can appear for CTET and NET examination as there is no upper age limit for these examination.
20th July 2016, 05:06 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

According to my knowledge for any Central government jobs the required eligibility or qualification is at least graduation and so a candidate must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years for the job.

**The age for SC, ST or OBC are relax able up to 5 years.

**As you belongs to OBC catgory you get age relaxation of 5 Years in every job of Govt.
20th July 2016, 11:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md. Mujeeb View Post
Hello,
I am right now 39 years of age. I want to apply for Central Government jobs under OBC category because I belong to this category. What is the maximum age under OBC category to apply for Central Government jobs? Please reply asap.
With Regards-
Md. Mujeeb
There are so many central government jobs available in India. Every jobs have different age criteria. But the minimum age criteria is 21 years and maximum age criteria is 30 years.

Age relaxation is provided for reserved category candidates.

SC/ST ==> 5 years .
OBC ==> 3 years .
PWD ==> 10 years .
Ex-Servicemen ==> 5 years .
Widows ==> 9 years .
20th July 2016, 11:46 PM
uggina

The age limit for central government jobs :-

1. For OBC candidates - 30 years ( including age relaxation)
2. For general category - 27 years.
3. For SC/ST category - 32 years( Including age relaxation).
4. For PWD candidates - 37 years.
6th March 2018, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

I am right now 39 years old. I have a Ex servicemen quota. I want to apply for driver job in State Government under OBC Category. What is the maximum age under OBC category to apply for State Government job ?.
12th April 2018, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

I am just 22, i belongs to obc. Can i apply for a job for minimum age limit 25.Do there any lower age relaxation for obc candidates?
17th April 2018, 09:26 PM
sjs1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am right now 39 years old. I have a Ex servicemen quota. I want to apply for driver job in State Government under OBC Category. What is the maximum age under OBC category to apply for State Government job ?.
Dear Aspirant,

Most of the Government Jobs are having the age limit as 20 to 30 years old and reservation candidates can avail relaxation in the upper age limit

OBC candidates can avail 3 years relaxation in the upper age limit

SC and ST candidates can have 5 years of relaxation in the upper age limit

Ex service man also has relaxation in the upper age limit and It varies from 5 to 10 years in Government Jobs

Since you are 39 years old you can still appear for few state Government Jobs without availing age relaxation too, VAO Exam has the limit​ as 40 years . Like this Few Jobs have upper age limit more than 30 and with your Ex-serviceman relaxation you can still appear for Government Jobs .

All the Best
3rd August 2018, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

I am 39 ,central employee 10 yrs service,sc May I apply for UPSC civil service preliminary 2019 DOB 1.1.1979
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?