16th June 2016, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

What to chosse after 12th between B.Tech and general Degree course to join IAS?

Hello sir, I have completed my 12th Class with 94% marks in Intermediate. I would like to become IAS Officer so please tell me that which to choose between B.Tech or Degree? If I choose degree, whether CLG in Hyderabad best to pursue? Please inform me on Ph. No - 9440691544

18th June 2016, 05:27 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: What to chosse after 12th between B.Tech and general Degree course to join IAS?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.it is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year.

->>According to my knowledge the applicant should required to have a degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent to join IAS.

-->>The applicants age in between 21-30 years.

->>The Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible
18th June 2016, 06:19 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to chosse after 12th between B.Tech and general Degree course to join IAS?

Your decision is great but you are little bit confused. Let me tell you that you can pursue for IAS with any of the stream.
You can choose B.SC, BA, B.COM, B.Tech and many more. There is no bondage of stream in this field.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-

Candidate must be a holder of graduation degree from a recognized university.

Candidate must have at least 55% aggregate in their graduation.

Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Candidate from reservation category get reservation declared by the government.

Candidate must have to be physically fit.

Selection procedure:-

Preliminary

Mains

Interview
18th June 2016, 10:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to become an IAS officer, you can pursue any Graduation course of your interest. There is no need to pursue any particular stream in any particular course. To become an IAS officer, you must have to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Candidates who have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university and those who are in the age range of 21 to 32 years are eligible to appear in IAS examination. So, I suggest you to pursue your Graduation in any course in any stream based on your interest as you are eligible to apply for IAS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?