1st May 2016, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Which graduation course I can do to become an IAS after passing 12th non medical?

Sir/Mam,

I have just passed my 12th from non medical, i wants to be an IAS officer please tell me whether i have to do graduation in arts or science and from where -university or from any college? Can you please guide me with the information soon?

1st May 2016, 10:19 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course I can do to become an IAS after passing 12th non medical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have just passed my 12th from non medical, i wants to be an IAS officer please tell me whether i have to do graduation in arts or science and from where -university or from any college? Can you please guide me with the information soon?
You can do a graduation degree in Arts to become an IAS officer. Because the arts stream is scoring in IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
1st May 2016, 02:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which graduation course I can do to become an IAS after passing 12th non medical?

You can opt for any course in Graduation to become an IAS officer. There is no need to opt any particular course in Graduation to become an IAS officer. Candidates who have completed Graduation course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IAS examination. So, I suggest you to opt any course of your interest for pursuing Graduation course.
1st May 2016, 05:08 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to opt for IAS examination, you just need to have a graduation degree from a recognized Institute from any stream, you don't need to be specific about the stream you choose in graduation.

Just complete your graduation degree from any recognized University and then think of the examination for IAS.
1st May 2016, 11:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is no such rules and regulation that a candidate has to do bachelor's degree in any particular stream in order to become eligible for Civil Services exam. You can pursue your bachelor's degree in any stream.

Graduates in any discipline from any UGC recognized university is eligible to apply for Civil Services examination. Minimum age limit to apply for this exam is 21 years. Select the stream as per your interest in that subject.
2nd May 2016, 01:36 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

You can select Arts or Commerce stream at Graduation. By doing the above specialization you can easily understand the Civil Service pattern.

- The candidate must complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.

- The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years.
2nd May 2016, 01:51 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed graduation degree from any recognised university in any discipline are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination.

So, you can pursue any course of your interest to appear for examination. But, you need to work hard to qualify in all three stages for final selection as an I.A.S Officer.

To get more detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd May 2016, 02:00 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

The aspirant can study any Graduation degree to become an IAS officer. You can study BA or B.Sc or B.Com or any other course to become an IAS. The eligibility for the Civil Services Examination is a pass in Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university. The UPSC is conducting the examinations for the Civil Service examination every year for selecting IAS officer. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. There are Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview for the selection. For further Information please Click Here.
2nd May 2017, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

I have just given my 12th class exam and I'm from science stream. I want to be an ias officer. So which is more suitable course for an ias as BA and Bsc for me. Please help me
7th December 2017, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Which graduation course should I do after passing 12 BSC to became an ias give me all the detail about IAS. How many role are there in IAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?