16th June 2014, 03:14 AM
rahultiwari8679

Can I get admission in Indian Military Academy?

sir this year i gave my exam for class XII... sir i don't have any information about IMA ... so please help me out that how can i get admission in Indian Military Academy which is in Dehradun...will u tell me the site which helps me to know about IMA... thank u sir hope u see it

16th June 2014, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get admission in Indian Military Academy?

how can i get admission in IMA ?? i have passed 10 2 non medical with 88% marks
16th June 2014, 07:37 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

To get admission in Indian Military Academy then you need to crack the Combined Defence Service Examination(CDS). CDS Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year. Graduation or equivalent qualification from a recognized University is the minimum Education Qualification. Age should between 19-24 years and no upper age limits is applicable.

Being 12th candidate you are not eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy. But you are eligible to apply for NDA Examination and 10+2 TES Examination.

National Defence Academy Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year for recruitment into Army wing, Navy wing and Air Force wing. The Examination will be held in the month of April and August Every year.

Eligibility Criteria :-
  • You should have completed intermediate from a recognized School.
  • You must have attained the age of 16.5 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years.
  • Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
  • Students appearing for their 12th examination are also eligible to apply.
  • You must be Citizen of India.
  • You must be physically and mentally fit while appearing for this examination.

NDA Examination will comprise of three stages :- Written Examination, SSB Interview and Physical Test. Written Examination consist of General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics, English Language, Physics and Logical Reasoning. More details, Visit the official website of UPSC

TES i.e Technical Entry Scheme Examination is conducted by Indian Army twice in a year for admission into Indian Army. Intermediate or equivalent qualification from a recognized School is the minimum Education Qualification. You must secure at least 70% Marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized School. Age should between 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years.
17th June 2014, 01:56 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

You need to finish your graduation for getting into IMA Dehradun. You can join the Technical Entry scheme and university entry scheme. You can also join Indian Military Academy or Officers Training Academy after completion of graduation. There are medical and physical standards to be met for joining the Indian Army. Candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the higher secondary examination and atleast, have 40% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English. During the time of admission, he should be 17 1/2 years and must not be over 23 years of age. There will be a compulsory paper of Mathematics in the NDA Exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission.
27th July 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I am 25 years old can i eligible for indian army .i want to do some for my country by joining indian army.
26th May 2016, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

I am 15 years old ,10th pass with PCM and part of NCC air wing 3 . How could I join IMA ? I want to be a air marshal or any higher post in defense .
3rd April 2020, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

My name is ayush kumar Shrivastava my age by 21year I am joined the ima academy by this prosic
13th June 2020, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Respect sir I am himanshu kiroula. I am in 11 humanities. How
could I IMA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?