15th March 2017, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of B.Sc graduation?

Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of B.Sc graduation? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria needed to apply? Can someone please provide me the information on this as soon as possible? Awaiting to get the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Indian Army Nurse after completion of B.Sc Nursing course?
  2. Is a girl eligible to join Indian Army after completion of graduation with PCM stream?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for the position of Indian Army Officer after completion of B.Sc course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Can I join the Indian army after graduation? Am I eligible to apply for Army?
  5. What is the procedure followed to apply for Indian Army after completion of 12th or graduation?
  6. What should I do if I want to setup my career in Indian Army after completion of graduation course?
  7. Am I eligible to join in Indian Army after completion of diploma course?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for NDA entrance exam after completion of 12th standard?
  9. What is the procedure followed for applying Indian Army being an female candidate after completion of graduation with 42% marks?
  10. Is it possible for me to join in Army after completion graduation with 55% marks?
  11. How to join Army after graduation? What is the procedure to be followed?
  12. What is the procedure followed to join Indian Army after completion of graduation course?
  13. kya me next year 10 th ki exam external de sakta hu ?
  14. Can I apply for post graduation after completion of my BA graduation from YCMOU?
  15. Can I apply for Indian Army being a girl while doing Graduation?
  16. How to join Indian Army after completing graduation in BSc IT?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for defense if I have completed diploma in mechanical engineering and 26 years old?
  18. What are the steps to follow for getting into army right after graduation?
15th March 2017, 03:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of B.Sc graduation?

Yes, you can apply for Indian Army after Bachelor's degree in Science. At bachelor's degree, entrance examination is called Combined Defence Services examination. This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year. For Indian Military, any graduate can apply. The age limit is 19-24 years.

You are also eligible for Officer's Training Academy. The age limit is 19-25 years. Both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for this examination. There are two stages of this examination:

>>Written test.

>>Service Selection board.

You can apply for this examination at http://www.upsconline.nic.in when notification is released by UPSC.
15th March 2017, 03:43 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of B.Sc graduation?

Yes, candidates passed bachelor degree in,any discipline are eligible to appear for CDS examination.

So, you can appear for CDS examination for officer entry. The age limit is 19-24 years. Only unmarried and physically fit candidates are eligible.The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB. For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in

For Clerk grade entry you can appear and qualify in varies recruitment through rally conducted by Indian Army. For this you can visit at www.joinindianarmy.nic
15th March 2017, 05:18 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Combined Defence Services examination is competitive exam which provides platform to graduates to enter into Army, Navy and Air Force.

About this exam:

This is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

Academic qualification: In case of IMA and OTA, aspirants with bachelor's degree in any stream can apply.

Science stream candidates can apply for Navy, Air Force and Army. The age limit for OTA is 19-25 years and for IMA is 19-24 years.

You can apply for CDS II of 2017.

Examination calendar of UPSC is available at its official website.
15th March 2017, 06:31 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join the Indian Army after bachelor degree. The candidates can join the Army as an officer or for recruitment as Clerk or Soldier.

For officer post you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination. Combined Defence Service and examination is conducted by twice every year. The age limit is between 19-24 year.

For Clerk grade jobs you have to qualify in written as well as have to qualify in running and other physical fitness test. The advertisement for recruitment will be published in newspaper and magazine.
15th March 2017, 07:36 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of your B.Sc. graduation course from a Government recognized university. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in CDS examination by satisfying the below mentioned eligibility criteria :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognized university.

3. You should be in the age range of 19-24 years.

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You should be physically as weĺ as mentally healthy.
15th March 2017, 08:23 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for Indian Army after successful completion of B.Sc in Graduation course. The minimum educational qualification required is as follows.

>> You must have completed "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As B.Sc course is a Graduate Degree, I am sure you are eligible to apply for Indian Army course.

>> The minimum age required is 20 years and the maximum age must not exceed 24 years.
15th March 2017, 10:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a student of B.Sc degree course you are eligible for joining Indian Army as an officer by qualifying CDS entrance examination.

* CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and same examination is held by UPSC twice every year in two stages which includes Written examination and SSB interview respectively.

--> The minimum qualification required appearing in CDS entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the fitness requirement norm as specified in the notification released for the same examination.

For more details about CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2017, 10:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

CDS is the best way to join defence service after bachelor degree. CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination for recruitment in Indian Army is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 19-24 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages written and SSB and so candidates must have to qualify in written stage to appear in SSB.

One who qualifies in SSB stage are eligible for final selection in service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2017, 10:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Combined Defence Services to join Indian Army after Bachelor of Science in graduation.

Eligibility criteria for Combined Defence Services:

1. Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

2. Age limit is 19-24 years.

You can apply for Indian Army CDS exam after completion of Bachelor of Science.

Official website is http://www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2017, 11:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for Combined Defence Services to join Indian Army after bachelor's degree.

Eligibility criteria for CDS examination:

*Bachelor's degree in any stream for IMA and OTA.

*Age limit for IMA is 19-24 years and that for OTA is 19-25 years.

There is no age relaxation for any candidates.

You can apply for CDS exam after Bachelor of Science in graduation.
16th March 2017, 10:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for Indian Army after completion of B.Sc graduation? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria needed to apply? Can someone please provide me the information on this as soon as possible? Awaiting to get the response.
After completion of B.Sc in Graduation degree, you can apply for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?