14th May 2015, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

What kind of job I will get in Government sector if secure less than 60% in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?

Sir
I have done 12th with 75% but in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) with 1st and 2nd year aggregate is 51% and I am studying in 5th semester. I want to know that what are the government jobs I can apply if I get less than 50% in my B.Tech?

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of job should I prefer in the government sector after passing B.Tech?
  2. How to get a government job after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. What are the job opportunities available for Mechanical Engineering in Government Sector?
  4. What should I prefer between private sector and government sector jobs? What are the job opportunities in government sector for BA student?
  5. Which course is good to secure future in government job after BCA?
  6. How to join government job after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  7. What kind of jobs are available in government sector for B.Tech mechanical engineering students in private sector?
  8. For what kind of job will I be eligible(specially in government sector) after scoring 70% aggregate?
  9. Job in government sector after doing B.Tech in Computers?
  10. Jobs in Government sector after B.Tech(CSE)?
  11. Job opportunities in Government sector for Diploma Welder Engineer? -- [New]
  12. What kind of job can I expect in both private and public sector after completing M.Tech in Environmental Engineering? How much package will I receive?
  13. How can I get a job in government sector? I am doing civil engineering
  14. What kind of job is present in government sector for MSc Chemistry students in Maharashtra?
  15. What can I get a job in government sector after passing 3 years diploma in Mechanical Engineering? How to prepare for interview?
  16. What kind of jobs are available for me in government sector after doing diploma in ECE and Government Apprenticeship in TNEB? How to prepare for the government exams?
  17. Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
  18. Career options after B.Sc (Physics)? -- [Most Discussed]
15th May 2015, 07:37 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: What kind of job I will get in Government sector if secure less than 60% in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?

Do not worry about your percentage marks because your percentage marks still can be increased by just your little bit of hard work and dedication to your study.

You have secured enough percentage in previous two years according to your labour but this time, you do have to work harder than ever before and try to secure more than 60% marks because if you will target for 70% + marks in each semester then your aggregate percentage marks of overall study may go more than 65% because still you have 4 semesters on the way so lets start study with dedication and try to learn more.

Engineering wants practical knowledge which means you just need to focus on practical knowledge rather than focusing on other things and if you are good at practical then you can do well in theory portion so focus on this point and try to get in depth knowledge of specialization subject.

Now it comes to your condition that unfortunately you secure percentage marks around 50 in overall engineering study then what would happen so I would say that nothing would be wrong with you if you are a hard worker and having enough knowledge of what you have studied.

You will have to eligibility to apply for various government jobs after qualifying degree with around 50% marks as well and you will be eligible for following jobs if could not secure first class percentage marks in degree :

01. Banking and Finance field - Probationary Officer and Clerks recruitment :

Any degree possessing candidates can apply for this job and age must not be more than 28 years for Clerk and 30 years for PO.

No criteria of fix percentage marks is required to apply for both of these jobs so you will be eligible.

02. Railways Recruitment Board : Various zones conduct recruitment of Assistant Station Master, Assistant Loco Pilot, Junior Engineer examination etc. so you are a candidate studying mechanical engineering that is why you are eligible to apply for all these posts available in railway board.

03. SSC - Staff Selection Commission also conduct various exams for 12th pass and graduate candidates so you are eligible for various group B and C level posts under the Government of India through - SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam, SSC Sub Inspector an Assistant Sub Inspector Exam, SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam, SSC Junior Engineer examination.

Maximum age limit required for SI job is 25 years and 27 years for all other posts.

04. UPSC Board conduct examination for the post of IAS - Indian Administrative Services, IRS, IPS, IFS, IFoS etc. and an engineering graduate candidate is eligible for all these posts without having higher percentage marks in degree so you can apply for these jobs as well but your age must not be more than 32 years.

05. State Level Police Service Examination for SI and Constable Posts : A candidate passed in class 12th is eligible for constable post and graduates are eligible for SI post.

06. Indian Post Office : Postal Inspector, Postal Assistant, Sorting Assistant jobs : You will be eligible for Inspector post after graduation and still eligible for assistant level jobs.

So there are many options to choose, you just have to work good to secure enough percentage marks in degree because you have got enough time to maintain the condition well so think about it.
15th May 2015, 09:52 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What kind of job I will get in Government sector if secure less than 60% in B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)?

You can apply for following government jobs after your graduation with less than 50% marks :
  • IBPS CWE clerk and PO recruitment :
    Candidate must have graduation degree from any recognised university.
    Age of candidate must be from 20 - 28 years.
  • SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination for Group B and C posts
    Age of candidate must be from 18 - 27 years
  • State Public Service Commission
    Age of candidate must be from 21-30 years
  • SI in State police
    Age of candidate must be from 21 - 25 years
    Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
  • Indian Railways Assistant Station Master exam
    Age of candidate must be from 21 - 30 years

On the basis of 12th class you can apply for following jobs :
  • SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination for LDC and DEO post
  • Indian Railways Commercial Clerk examination
  • Insurance field assistant and administration officer scale I
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?