20th December 2014, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

What percentage I have to achieve in 12th Science to join Indian Army? Important subjects to study?

Hello,
my name is abhay
i lives in mumbai (maharastra)
[i have four questions]

I passed std 10 from maharastra board
Now I have choosed science streem for my fyjc.
My question is which subjects i should take in my 12th standerd and what percent i should get to join indian army ?

21st December 2014, 02:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What percentage I have to achieve in 12th Science to join Indian Army? Important subjects to study?

No percentage criteria in 12th standard is required to join in Indian Army. To join in Indian Army, you need to appear for NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Following is the eligibility criteria required to appear for NDA (Indian Army) examination as mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have 12th standard or equivalent in any stream from a recognised board.

3. You must have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male Candidate.
21st December 2014, 05:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What percentage I have to achieve in 12th Science to join Indian Army? Important subjects to study?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
my name is abhay
i lives in mumbai (maharastra)
[i have four questions]

I passed std 10 from maharastra board
Now I have choosed science streem for my fyjc.
My question is which subjects i should take in my 12th standerd and what percent i should get to join indian army ?
If you have once completed 12th standard then you are eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam. NDA exam doesn't require any percentage marks in 12th standard.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard are eligible for NDA exam.Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Written examination will be divided into 2 parts-

Mathematics-300 marks.
General ability Test- 600 marks.

Total time duration for 2 papers is 300 mins

General Ability Test -

English 200 marks
General Knowledge 400 marks

I have mentioned some books name which are good for NDA exam. You can follow below given books.

NDA National Defence Academy Examination
Author: Jain, Gupta
Publisher: Upkar Prakasan (2012)

Success Series General Science: An Indispensable Book for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Examination also Useful for IAS / PCS / NDA / CDS and all Other Examinations
Author: Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2013)

NDA-NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examinations Guide
Author: G. K
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2012)

Study Package Mathematics for NDA & NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Entrance Examination
Author: Manjul Tyagi, Amit Rastogi
Publisher: Arihant (2012)
21st December 2014, 07:06 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Science stream in 12th standard is quite good apart from other courses.Yes,you may join Indian Army several trades after 12th class with science stream easily.After completion of 12th class in science stream PCM Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics subjects,you may immediately apply for NDA cadre (National Defence Academy).To apply for any kind of jobs related to Indian Army,you may apply with 10th qualification (Soldier Technical,Soldier General Duty,CRPF/TBP,Nursing Assistant cadres) and 12th Class with PCM subjects (For National Defense Academy,Technical Entry Scheme) cadres.

National Defense Academy (NDA): (With 10+2)

After successful completion of 12th class you may apply for National Defense Academy NDA exam.Generally NDA notifications will be released in the Month of "March and October".The age limits for NDA are 16.5 years to 19 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this Exam.NDA Exam is conducted by SSB Board every year, notification to be released in March 2015.

Technical Entry Scheme (TES) with 10+2:

Apart from NDA examination, you may also apply for 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme TES cadre to join Indian Army.To be eligible for Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme 2017 exam, you must have to complete Intermediate from a recognized university.Unmarried male candidates are only eligible to apply for this Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme examination.Every year,this Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme notification will be released in the month of "April and September".Candidates with PCM are only eligible to apply for this TES Recruitment.
22nd December 2014, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Hello!
My name is Viswash Kumar
I live in Nawada (Bihar).
I got 71.8% in 12th Bihar board.(I.sc.)
Am I eligible for navy A.A?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?