18th January 2016, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to become a Commissioner in Income Tax Department?

Hello sir,

I am pursing my b.com course and i am in my 2nd year now. I have always aspired to join Income Tax Department. I want to become income tax commissioner. So tell me what is the procedure for that?

Mail it on
[email protected]

20th January 2016, 12:40 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure to become a Commissioner in Income Tax Department?

No, you are not eligible to become commissioner in Income department now, as per your qualification.

To become commissioner in Income Tex candidate need to qualify in Civil Service examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC and eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recongised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years and relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, after completing your degree, you will be eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and it is necessary to qualify in all these stages for final selection.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd January 2016, 04:32 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to become a Commissioner in Income Tax Department?

The post of income tax commissioner comes under IRS. The full form for IRS is Indian Revenue Services. In order to become income tax commissioner, you have to clear Civil Services exam.

UPSC conducts civil services exam for recruitment in Indian Revenue Services.

The eligibility criteria required for income tax commissioner are as under :-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India .

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.The candidate pursuing final year of their degree course can also apply for the exam.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for OBC candidate by 3 years, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD candidates.

-Selection procedure comprises of

*Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT),

*Civil Services Main Exam, and

*Personality Test.

To get more details one can visit official website of UPSC, i.e., http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th October 2019, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

What degree want to study in college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?