13th February 2016, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

What qualification is required to become a Commercial Pilot?

My son is 14 years old and is in class 9th. He aims to become a Commercial pilot in future. I want him to fulfill his dream. So kindly tell me what qualification is required to become a Commercial Pilot?

14th February 2016, 11:49 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What qualification is required to become a Commercial Pilot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son is 14 years old and is in class 9th. He aims to become a Commercial pilot in future. I want him to fulfill his dream. So kindly tell me what qualification is required to become a Commercial Pilot?
The aspirant should pass 10+2 with physics, chemistry and mathematics with 50% marks. But it is always advisable to study a degree before taking up commercial pilot training. The cost involved in the commercial pilot training will be around Rs 20 to 30 Lakhs approximately. The passion in interest is most important to become a pilot, it need lots of hard work to work as pilot. The aspirant should be physically fit to fly. Best of Luck for your future.
15th February 2016, 12:55 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become pilot you require 10+2 educational qualification with physics and mathematics as main paper.

After 10+2 you have to clear DGCA 2 medical and get your file number and take initial ground class for an experienced instructor.

After this you become eligible to take admission in the flight training school. After taking the course and having minimum flying of 200 hrs you have to clear the written and flying examination to get the commercial pilot licence.

So, you have to first complete your 10+2 and then only you become eligible for it.
15th February 2016, 11:09 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

To become a Commercial Pilot candidate must have passed their +2 in Science stream having Physics, Chemistry and Maths as main subject along with English as compulsory subject.

Candidate must have attained at least 50% of marks from a recognized school or college.

Some of the flying schools for training are as follows:-

Government Flying Club, Aerodrome, Lucknow

Andra Pradesh Flying Club Hydrabad Airport, Hydrabad

Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati

State Civil Aviation, UP Govt Flying Training Center Kanpur and Varanasi

Rajasthan State Flying School, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur

School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club Ltd, New Delhi

Govt Flying Training School Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
20th July 2019, 05:02 AM
Unregistered

I am à General Arts prudent and I did not offer Geography I also had grade 9, can i become a pilot with this?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?