4th November 2017, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after 10th to beome a Police Officer?

Sir I had passed class 10 exam with 83%. Now, I read in 12 class non medical. Sir, I want to join the job of police officer. So, sir I don't know how can I join my dream job and what do this job. Please Sir help me.

5th November 2017, 11:32 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 10th to beome a Police Officer?

After completing 10th standard, you have to complete your higher secondary in any stream from a recognized board. Then you have to complete your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university. Now you have to appear for Civil Services IPS examination and here are the minimum requirements for the same:

> You should have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university

> You must be an Indian citizen

> Your age should be minimum 21 years and you can apply till the age of 32 years. For OBC candidates the age is relaxed by 3 years and for SC/ST candidates it is relaxed by 5 years

> You must be physically and medically fit

> You should be at least 165 cms in height and should have a good eyesight

After clearing the examination, you have to appear for a personal interview and physical test and can become an IPS officer.
5th November 2017, 01:53 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Police Officer, you are required to follow certain instructions. To become police officer, you are required to appear in an entrance examination called "CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)" which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

To be eligible for appearing in CSAT Exam, the basic educational qualification required is "Bachelor Degree" or Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> As you are pursuing 12th Class with Non Medical subjects, I suggest you to pass Higher Secondary Course first and then pursue any bachelor degree in the stream in which you are most interested in.

>> Some of the Graduation courses you may choose are, B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Com/ B.Sc/ B.A/ BBA/ BBM..etc.,

>> You may get more details from UPSC official website. You are required to qualify CSAT Rounds one by one and they may include Preliminary Examination, Mains Exam which is followed by Personal Interview.

Click here for Official Website
5th November 2017, 03:27 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I had passed class 10 exam with 83%. Now, I read in 12 class non medical. Sir, I want to join the job of police officer. So, sir I don't know how can I join my dream job and what do this job. Please Sir help me.

You have to study 10+2 and a bachelor’s degree to become a Police Officer. You can apply for the post of Sub Inspector of Police after completion of graduation in any discipline. You have to clear the written test and physical fitness test to become a Sub Inspector of Police. You can also apply for Civil Service Examination (IPS) to become a police officer after completion of graduation. Civil Service Examination is conducted by the UPSC. It has three parts, namely Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. These are some of the options available to become a Police Officer.
5th November 2017, 07:03 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an officer in Police department candidates have to either qualify in UPSC/PSC/SSC examination.

For appearing in these examination the required minimum qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline.

So, you have to pursue minimum bachelor degree qualification to appear in examination. But, you can start preparation for examination if you want to join the service.

The age limit to appear in examination varies with examination.

The examination is conducted in various stages written and interview. Candidates must have to qualify in all stages for final selection.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?