15th November 2017, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I take after 10th standard to become a police officer?

Which subject should I take after 10th standard to become a police officer? I am really looking forward to becoming a police officer one day in future, so can you please help me with the details on this? Hope that I will get the answer from here. Thanks!

18th November 2017, 06:42 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I take after 10th standard to become a police officer?

You can pursue your higher studies in any course even if you are interested to become a Police Officer. To be eligible to become a Police Officer, you should have done Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. You have to appear in IPS examination and qualify all the rounds in the recruitment process to become a Police Officer. So, you can opt any subject of your interest for pursuing your higher studies as there is no need to choose any particular subject to become a Police Officer.
18th November 2017, 08:26 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I take after 10th standard to become a police officer?

It's very good to hear from you that you have decided become a Police Officer before completion of your 10th standard. To become a Police Officer, the main educational qualification required is completion of undergraduate course in any discipline from a recognised university. There is no need to choose any particular subject for pursuing your higher studies after completion of your 10th standard to become a Police Officer. So, I suggest you to choose any course of your interest and after completion of your undergraduate course, you can apply for Police Officer job.
18th November 2017, 11:48 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

It doesn't matter that which subjects will you choose because the qualification required for being a police officer is graduation at least. Either it is a exam for sub inspector i.e. SSC-CPO or for Indian police Service UPSC the qualification required is graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.

Also i suggest you to choose Physics,Chemistry Maths & English as these subjects will be beneficial for you to crack competition exams like SSC & UPSC.
19th November 2017, 01:13 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

After 10th to complete 12th standard opting your interested subject.

To become a police officer, you should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university.

SSC(Staff Selection Commission) also conducted entrance examination to join police officer as a constable.

After graduation, you have to apply IPS exam is conducted by UPSC.

Age limit:21 to 32 years.

Relaxation is allowed for reserved category.

Nationality: Indian

Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

So, after 10th you complete your study.

All the best.
20th November 2017, 10:03 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

If you are really determined to be a police officer you can become police officer by taking any subject after class 12th. But it will become easy for you if go with any subject of arts but in the same case it will limit your career to a specific job opportunities.

So my opinion if you are strongly determined go on with arts and study hard, completing all the subjects seriously and after 12th do your Graduate with any of your intrested Arts subject, It might be History, Political Science, Geography, or other. it will help you in your examinations

You can Join Police service By different examinations
1. SSC
SSC takes each year exams for recruitment of Constables, Head Counstable, Sub-inspectors For CRPF, SSB, BSF and many others.

2. UPSC
(CSC) This is the dream Job of everyone in our country, If you want to be IPS officer you have to clear the Civil Services Exam conducted each year by UPSC. However this exam is one of the toughest exam of the World.

(CAPF) UPSC also takes examinatin for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants in CRPF, SSB, BSF and etc etc.

3. State PSC
State leve PSC also takes exam for the recruitment of Sub-inspectors each year or according to the vacancies.
22nd November 2017, 11:24 AM
nishanth60

#The minimum educational qualification required to apply for police jobs is: 12 th standard for police constable post and graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university.
#So,first you have to complete your higher studies to apply for job in police department.
#Age limit to apply for police constable job is 18-25 years and for police inspector job is 21-32 years and the age relaxations are as per government rules.
#And you have to clear the examinations conducted by UPSC or SSC or respective state governments to join in police department.
#The selection process of police department job is written exam,personal interview and medical examination.
22nd March 2018, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

It's really a good sound advice but I really confused which subjects should I choose after 10th so please help me
4th April 2019, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Which groups like MPC,BiPC etc in intermediate. We have to choose to become a police officer
7th June 2020, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I choose after Plus2? I want to be a police inspector,my plustwo group were commerce.
29th June 2020, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Yes IAM a questioned after 10th I become apolice officer what IAM study please tell me
17th August 2020, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Actually I am in 9 class and I have a dream of a police officer so what subjects should I take after 10 to fulfil my dream I want to be a police officer in Chandigarh
19th August 2020, 11:12 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: Which subject should I take after 10th standard to become a police officer?

You should have to passed a bachelor degree from a university. You have to apply IPS exam which is conducted by UPSC every year. Your age should be 21-30 years.

There is no need to choose any particular subject for pursuing your higher studies after completion of your 10th standard to become a Police Officer.
14th October 2020, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Which group can be selected after 10th
28th August 2021, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

How many stars to commisioner of police
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?