4th November 2017, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Air Force while in 11th standard?

Respected Sir/Madam. I am Shankar Shekhawat. I am from Pune Maharashtra. I want to be part of Indian Airforce. I have just passed 10th class with 77 percentage in SSC exam of year 2016 & 2017. I am now in 11th class. I need a guidance how to join Indian Airforce. I will be waiting for your reply. Yours faithfully Shankar Shekhawat.

5th November 2017, 08:27 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force while in 11th standard?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force while pursuing 11th standard. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force. The age criteria required to apply for NDA examination is 16.5 to 19.5 years, should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force.
5th November 2017, 11:14 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to join Indian Air Force, you should must complete your 12th standard with physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects from a recognized board. You must be an Indian citizen and you must have a perfect eyesight. Your height should be minimum 157.5 cms.

With this eligibility, you have to appear for NDA (National Defence Academy) examination for which you should have born between 2nd July 1999 to 1st July 2002.
5th November 2017, 05:38 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 11th student you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force at present as the minimum educational qualification required for joining Indian Air force as an airmen or a commissioned officer ( through NDA ) is a higher secondary school degree.

So once you complete your Class 12th with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects you will be eligible to join Indian Air force as an officer by qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Apart from the officer's entry you can join Indian Air force as an Air men ( Technical ) if you have completed your Class 12th with PCM group with 50% marks where as Airmen ( non technical ) once you complete your Class 12th with 50% marks in any stream from a recognized board of education.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in where as for details regarding selection procedure for Airmen post you can visit the link www.airmenselection.gov.in .
5th November 2017, 06:26 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One can join Indian Air force after completion of 12th class through NDA exam.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Age limit :16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Marital Status : Unmarried male candidate only.

Edu. qualification : 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Selection process :

Written examination

Personal interview by SSB.
5th November 2017, 07:08 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear in NDA examination next year and after qualifying in examination will be eligible for final recruitment.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in Air Force, Army and Navy. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board.

For recruitment in Indian Army it is mandatory to have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

Candidates can also join Air Force after 12th through technical and non-technical entry. The detail information about entry procedure will be available at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?