1st August 2011, 01:09 PM
aishwary2108

Can i apply for IFS after completing my graduation in B.E. from mechanical branch?

Sir/Madam,
My name is Aishwary Acharya. & i am persuing my graduation in b.e. From mechanical branch,i am now in final year,after graduation i want to apply for ifs.so please tell me that can i apply for ifs after b.e.? & if not,then please suggest me what is the best course for me to persue post graduation.

9th July 2012, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can i apply for IFS after completing my graduation in B.E. from mechanical branch?

what is the eligibility for indian foreign service
28th May 2013, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can i apply for IFS after completing my graduation in B.E. from mechanical branch?

I have completed my BE in CS, presently working for n MNC.Can I appear for IFS
4th June 2013, 12:13 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishwary2108 View Post
Sir/Madam,
My name is Aishwary Acharya. & i am persuing my graduation in b.e. From mechanical branch,i am now in final year,after graduation i want to apply for ifs.so please tell me that can i apply for ifs after b.e.? & if not,then please suggest me what is the best course for me to persue post graduation.
IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria:-

~IFS stands for Indian Forest Service. It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The notification for this exam is usually released in the month of February.

~You need to be a citizen of India.

~To give the IFS Exam you need to have a degree in any one of the following subjects: Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Mathematics, Zoology, Statistics, Agriculture and Forestry or you can get a degree in engineering from a recognized university.

~You have to attain the minimum age of 21 years to give this exam. This is the minimum age limit for giving this exam.

~The upper age limit for general category candidate is 30 years.

~For the reserved category candidates there is upper age limit relaxation. It is 5 years for SC/ST candidates, 3 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for persons with disability.

~General category candidates can give this exam for four times, OBC candidates can give this exam for seven times and there is no restriction on SC/ST candidates.

~Written Examination is of primary importance when selecting the deserving candidates for this post. This exam is followed by a personal interview session or personality test.

~There will be six papers to attempt in total and the first two papers are General English and General Knowledge. For the first two paper 300 marks each have been allotted

~For the next four papers 200 marks each have been allotted. If you fail to pass in the first two papers then the last two papers wont be checked.

~The full paper needs to be completed in three hours. The questions will be mainly of graduation level and you have to answer the questions in English.

IFS Exam Books:-

## UPSC-IFS Compulsory Exam Guide (Paper 1 and 2) (Paperback)
by RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

## UPSC-IFS Exam Zoology Guide (Paper 1 and 2) (Paperback)
by RPH Editorial Board

## UPSC-IFS Exam Botany Guide Including (Paper 1 and 2) (Paperback)
by RPH Editorial Board

## IFS Indian Forest Service Mathematics (Paper 1 and 2) (Paperback)
by R. Gupta

## UPSC-IFS Exam Chemistry Guide (Paper 1 and 2) (Paperback)
by RPH Editorial Board

Hope this helps :-> :->
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?