18th June 2011, 08:17 AM
Vinyas.MG

Study material for IAS and KAS exam if I have Civil and Mathematics as optional subjects?

I'm a final year engineering student.I want study material for IFS and KAS exams can you please provide.In IFS i have choosen Civil and Mathematics as optional subjects.Can you please provide me the study material.

1st July 2011, 12:39 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Study material for IAS and KAS exam if I have Civil and Mathematics as optional subjects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyas.MG View Post
I'm a final year engineering student.I want study material for IFS and KAS exams can you please provide.In IFS i have choosen Civil and Mathematics as optional subjects.Can you please provide me the study material.
Hello friend..!

Study material is the most important part in the preparation you have to be very selective in the matter of Study material all you need is have vision and guidance by the seniors relating to the study material.

No one will follow the same material because the thinking of each and every person is different in the same way the preference of study material is also equally different ..

I can't say one material is best and the other is worst because that wholly depends in the way you think about them in other way we can say the attitude of ourselves also matters in the selection of study materials.

one may like the font of one book and other may not like the same.
one of the book may have good information with it but doesn't have a good design so it is your eyes which are good decision makers rather than anyothers suggestions.

ohk so make time and visit various book shops and various book markets and select with the help of seniors suggestions and also you can take help of some institutions which are dedicated towards success even they charge a few rupees of money they give you the correct suggestions.

Think about it and go for study material selection. don't depend on E-study material because it is not good for your eyes and also not handy to make good effect you need to have in hands rather than in hard disk.

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
11th July 2011, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Study material for IAS and KAS exam if I have Civil and Mathematics as optional subjects?

Study material for pshcology to prepare
2nd September 2011, 06:04 PM
susheel sharma

Default Re: Study material for IAS and KAS exam if I have Civil and Mathematics as optional subjects?

what r the compulsory subjects for KAS MAINS
1st October 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

WHETHER ALL PARTS OF SECTION 1 ARE COMPULSORY OR ANY TWO OF FOUR
2nd October 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I am a bca graduate could any body telk which subjects i would take for kar exam
22nd March 2012, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Are there any coaching institutions for Mathematics for KAS exams
25th March 2012, 01:03 AM
poole

FRIEND,

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES and the selection of candidates for this post is conducted through the exam conducted by UPSC called CIVIL SERVICES and this exam is conducted every year.

THE STAGE OF SELECTION:

1)CIVIL SERVICES APTITUDE TEST
2)MAINS EXAM
3)PERSONAL INTERVIEW

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE EXAM IS:

1)You must be an INDIAN Citizen

2)Your educational qualification must be a graduation in any field from any recognized University.

3)If you are in the final year of graduation then also you are eligible for the exam.

4)Your age must be between 21 years to 30 years.

Relaxation for the Reserved categories
FOR SC/ST : 5 years
FOR OBC : 3 years
5)NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
FOR GENERAL CATEGORY: 4 Attempts
FOR SC/ST CATEGORY : No limit
FOR OBC CATEGORY : 7 attempts

APPLICATION FORM: You can fill it online or Offline.The Application form is free for reserved categories.The Cost of Application form is Rs 100/ only.

To fill the form you can check the website www.upsconline.nic.in or you can buy it from the designated post offices across the country.

->THE LIST OF SUBJECTS WHICH ARE OPTIONAL ARE:

->THE SCHEME OF EXAMINATION FOR THE CIVIL SERVICES EXAM IS:

THE BOOKS TO REFER ARE:

SYLLABUS FOR CSAT IS:

This test is conducted by UPSC for the recruitment of candidates for the IAS,IPS,IFS and IRS (Indian Revenue Service) and numerous other services posts.

The CSAT consists of two papers of 200 marks and two hour duration each.

THE SYLLABUS FOR THE CIVIL SERVICES APTITUDE TEST IS:

PAPER I: GENERAL AWARENESS

-Current events of national and international importance

- History of India and Indian National Movement

- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.

- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.

- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.

- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization

- General Science.

PAPER II:

- Comprehension

- Interpersonal skills including communication skills

- Logical reasoning and analytical ability

- Decision making and problem solving

- General mental ability

- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)

- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).

GOOD LUCK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?