18th February 2014, 11:22 AM
harishr2010

Whether my latest GATE score can be used for Government job?

Suppose that if I I got qualified gate in this latest year exam then my score can be used for applying govt exams

9th March 2014, 09:46 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my latest GATE score can be used for Government job?

First of all, I would like to congratulate you if you have qualified in the GATE exam held last year. Yes, you can definitely use your GATE score for applying in Government job where they ask for GATE scores. GATE scores are mainly asked by the PSUs who shortlists and calls candidates for the interview round on the basis of GATE scores of the applicants.

The PSUs who have signed MOU with GATE and take into account the GATE scores for recruitment are :-
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
-Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
-Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
-National Fertilizers Ltd.
-Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd.
-National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) Ltd.
-NTPC Ltd.
-Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.
-Vizag Steel Plant
-GAIL (INDIA) Limited
-Mineral Exploration Corporation Ltd.
-Mazagon Dock Limited
-National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO)
-RITES Limited
-National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC)
10th March 2014, 07:23 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

G.A.T.E ---- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

GATE examination is a Nationwide examination,and where you can find very much tough competition.Basically there are companies which consider as the Main score.But remember not all the government companies considers the GATE Score.The companies which consider the GATE score ae called as PSU’s(Public Sector Undertakings).So only those PSU’s consider the Valid GATE Score.To get job even in these PSU’s you must surely get good score in GATE examination,based o the GATE Score you need to Apply for the various PSU’s.So based on the Score you get in the GATE examination the candidates will be shortlisted for the next round of selection process.

As PSU’s considering the GATE valid score they do not again conduct any written examination.So the candidates who get shortlisted by the GATE Cutoff they will be forwarded to the Group discussion round.Then again candidates shortlisted from the GD will be sent to the Personal Interview.

Remember GATE Scores are valid for TWO YEARS from the date of commencement of the examination.Some of the PSU;s accepting GATE Score are GAIL India Limited,BHEL,BEL,Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited(MECL),NALCO,NTPC,Power Grid Corporation of India Limited,MECON Limited,DDA,CONCOR,BPCL,Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited,India Oil Corporation Limited and more.The more least rank you get in the GATE examination,the more chances of getting selected in the Public sector banks.
30th March 2014, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

my GATE SCORE IS 22.73 BUT THE CUT OFF MARK IS 22.50. SO , I THINK I QUALIFIED IN GATE.WILL I GET ANY GOVERNMENT JOB WITH MY GATE SCOR
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?