10th June 2016, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Is a 11th Candidate from Biology background eligible to appear in Civil Services Exam

I passed 10th Class recently, now I going to pursue 11th Class and I am willing to choose “Biology” at Higher Secondary Level. Am I eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination and other public service exams with Biology background at Graduate Level ?

10th June 2016, 06:19 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is a 11th Candidate from Biology background eligible to appear in Civil Services Exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I passed 10th Class recently, now I going to pursue 11th Class and I am willing to choose “Biology” at Higher Secondary Level. Am I eligible to apply for Civil Services Examination and other public service exams with Biology background at Graduate Level ?

Yes, you are eligible for Civil Services Examination with a graduation in Biology background.
The eligibility to the civil services examination is a pass in Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The civil services examination is conducted by UPSC.
There are 3 stages for the civil services selection. They are Preliminary Examinations, Mains Examination and Interview for the selection. The upper age limit is 32 years for general category, for OBC 35 years and for SC/ST 37 years. The UPSC website link is Official Website
10th June 2016, 08:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a 11th Candidate from Biology background eligible to appear in Civil Services Exam

Yes, any stream candidates can appear for civil services exam after completion of graduation. Hence, don't worry about your stream now and study well in whatever stream you have interest.

You can also have a look at civil services exam syllabus and prepare from now on according to it. Hence, study according to your choice and don't worry about eligibility criteria.
10th June 2016, 08:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Civil Services and Public Services examinations even if you choose Biology subjects at Graduate level. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in Civil Services and Public Services examinations. So, you can pursue your higher studies i.e., 11th and 12th standard with Biology subjects after completion of your 10th standard.
10th June 2016, 09:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC. Civil Service examination is conducted once every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university. Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any discipline. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview stages.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th June 2016, 10:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, 11th standard candidates are not eligible for Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service Exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service Exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
10th June 2016, 10:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you will be eligible for civil services exam if you choose Biology at graduation level. The minimum eligibility criteria to appear in civil services exam and other graduation level exam is graduation in any discipline from recognised University.
11th June 2016, 12:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much appear for Civil Services examination having studied Biology in 11th standard, there is no such problem in it. The minimum eligibility requirement in order to be able to appear for Civil Services Examination is that a candidate should have completed their graduation from a recognized University. Therefore you need to complete your graduation first and then opt for the above mentioned ecamination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?