23rd August 2015, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

Admission chances as Lateral entry with 59% in Diploma?

Sir, i have passed diploma with 59% and want to take admission in b.tech in lateral entry. I got 900 rank in ip. Sir kindly tell me about my admission chances?

Related Questions:
  1. Any chance for lateral entry admission after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering and ITI in Fitter
  2. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  3. How much % required in Diploma course to get into lateral entry?
  4. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  5. After completing diploma from Bangalore will I be allowed for lateral entry exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is there any percentage criteria for admission in lateral entry in BIT Sindhri?
  7. Does colleges which comes under government category provide admission for diploma students in 2nd year through lateral entry?
  8. How to get lateral Entry in B.E courses who have passed diploma from outside Karnataka?
  9. Any chance for lateral entry after completing ITI Fitter and diploma in Mechanical engineering
  10. How to get into Aeronautics after completing 10th with 91%?
  11. Need information about changing branch during Lateral Entry admission?
  12. Whether 3 years Diploma program is equivalent to Lateral Entry Diploma program?
  13. What are the requirements for B.E computer science lateral entry?
  14. What is the procedure to follow to get admission in NIT by lateral entry exam?
  15. Which colleges offer Lateral entry in engineering for diploma holders in Chandigarh and other states?
  16. Whether 2 years lateral entry Diploma equivalent to 3 years Diploma?
  17. Procedure to get admission in Lateral Entry B.Tech course in AMU for Diploma in Engineering final year candidate?
  18. How to get admission in B.Tech in Noida Delhi after completing diploma in ECE through lateral entry
24th August 2015, 01:49 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission chances as Lateral entry with 59% in Diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i have passed diploma with 59% and want to take admission in b.tech in lateral entry. I got 900 rank in ip. Sir kindly tell me about my admission chances?
Yes, of course you are eligible to get B.Tech admission through lateral entry after Diploma course. The applicants are required to appear in the Lateral Entry Entrance Examination (LEET) or Engineering Common Entrance Test (ECET) to get admission for B.Tech after Diploma. Those applicants who are qualified in the LEET/ ECET examination, can get direct admission in 2nd year B.Tech course. The minimum percentage needed to get admission in B.Tech course through a Lateral Entry process is aggregate of 50% marks in your three years Diploma course from a recognized board.
24th August 2015, 08:33 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Yes, After diploma you can take admission in B.Tech as a lateral entry candidates for this you have to appear Engineering entrance exam , According to your rank you will get admitted in colleges.

List of entrance exam are as follows :

JEE Main 2015

Tripura Joint Entrance Exam (TJEE)

BITSAT 2015

WBJEE 2015

KCET 2015

VITEEE 2015

AIEEE

AEEE

List of best engineering college in India :

Indian Institute of Technology, Madras

Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur

Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi

Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay

VIT University, Vellore

Veer Surendra Sai University of Technology, Sambalpur

Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai

Thapar University, Patiala

SRM University, Chennai

SASTRA University, Thanjavur

PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore

Jadavpur University, Kolkata

Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai

Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad

Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar

Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee

Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar

Delhi Technological University, Delhi

College of Engineering, Pune
24th August 2015, 09:32 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the b.tech 2nd year after the diploma degree.

The eligibility to appear for the entrance examination as conducted by the various state board and the private institution for the admission in their colleges are :-
* Candidates must have passed the diploma from any recognised university.
* There are limitations on the aggregate for the some of the institution to appear in the entrance examination.

The candidates also have to qualify in the LEET entrannce examination conducted for the admission in the 2nd year of the B.tech. The examination is conducted in the month of April and May.
24th August 2015, 02:30 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

There are good chances for you to get admission in B.Tech through lateral entry after scoring 59% marks in Diploma.
Candidate who have secured more than 45% marks in diploma can apply for lateral entry in B.Tech course.

List of Lateral entry entrance exams :
  • Calicut University Lateral Entry Entrance Exams
  • Delhi technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
  • Kerala University Lateral Entry Exam
  • MIT-Manipal BE Lateral Entry Entrance Exam
  • Mumbai University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
  • Punjab Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test (PTU LEET)
  • KIIT University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
  • Lateral Entry Entrance Test LEET
  • LPU NEAT (National Engineering Aptitude Test)
  • UKSEE B.Tech (Lateral Entry) Entrance Exam
  • Uttarakhand Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test
  • West Bengal University Joint Entrance Exam for Lateral Entry (JELET)

To get admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry you have to score good marks in Entrance exams.
Some institutes gives admission on the basis of marks in Diploma, so there you will face problem in admission as your score is very poor.
24th August 2015, 06:10 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Yes, after the diploma, if you want to get into Engineering then there is a special examination for the diploma fellows named LEET.

LEET >>>> Lateral Entry Engineering Test.

If you qualify in the Test then you will be allotted a seat in the engineering college based on the rank in the examination and your diploma percentage.

You will be given the admission in directly in the 2nd year of engineering.
24th August 2015, 06:51 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, you can take admission in B.Tech after completing your Diploma with 59% of marks as a Lateral Entry candidate. All you need to do is that, apply in different colleges of your state with your percentage of marks and rank which you got in entrance exam or simply just go for counselling. If there will be any seat in the respective colleges within this rank, you will definitely get admission in the said college.
24th August 2015, 08:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in B.Tech course through Lateral Entry process, you must have completed three years Diploma course and you must have to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc. which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
24th August 2015, 08:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the lateral entry exams ask for 60% marks in diploma engineering from a recognized institute. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

Hence, you can apply for lateral entry exam only when you belong to reserved category as you have less than 60% marks.
24th August 2015, 09:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you have chances to get admission in B.Tech college through Lateral Entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for Lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should above 18 years.
25th August 2015, 02:07 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely get admission in B.Tech course after having completed your Diploma with 59% . But for that you will have to appear for an entrance examination called LEET.

However, after having cleared the above mentioned examination, you will be provided names of list of colleges for admission depending upon the marks you score in the entrance.
25th August 2015, 07:41 PM
DSP@1

Yes, you are eligible to do your graduation course in one of the reputed university/college with 59% in your diploma.

For that you have to undergo a entrance test which will be conducted by your state education board for the entrance of diploma students into graduation courses.

This test will be called with different names in different states of India such as LEET/ECET/JELET.

So go for the test which will be conducted in your state and give your best in this test.

Once you qualify this test you will be allotted a rank based on the mark you have scored in the entrance test.

Later you will undergo web counselling there you have to opt for your desired stream in your desired colleges.

Once the allotments are done you will be allotted seat in the college from the list of the colleges you have selected.
23rd September 2015, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

sir I have scored 59%in bsc i am eligible for lateral entry for enginiering or not pls tell me
29th September 2015, 07:31 PM
vinoth1921

-->Yes, You are eligible for Lateral entry into the Engineering.
-->You have got good marks in the Lateral Entry exam that you can get a good college.
-->After you clear LEET exam, you are definitely to get into the 2nd year of Engineering course directly.
-->Another way is to join company and get a post qualification experience before joining Engineering. This will be an added advantage into your resume.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?