10th August 2015, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if secure above 80% in 12th CBSE Improvement Board exam?

Dear Friends,
I have appeared for Improvement exams of 12th CBSE Board from Delhi Region. I am eligible for BITSAT if I score above 80% aggregate? Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT after passing 12th Physics Improvement exam of CBSE Board?
  2. Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if secure less than 75% in 12th?
  3. Procedure to apply for Improvement exams with MP Board for 12th CBSE candidate?
  4. Whether the marksheet of 12th CBSE Improvement exam has any value?
  5. Can I appear in BITSAT 2016 based on 12th improvement examination result?
  6. Is it possible to reappear in 12th CBSE if missed out improvement exam? Can I apply for 12th UP State Board?
  7. Will I be eligible for improvement exam if have scored poor percentage in 12th CBSE? From where to get the form?
  8. Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT with mentioned marks in 12th CBSE?
  9. Should I have to appear in BITSAT again after qualifying if apply for Maharashtra Board Improvement exams?
  10. Can 12th CBSE improvement exam be given from different school and in different state?
  11. Will BITSAT recognize my 12th marksheet from NIOS board?
  12. Whether to take State board or CBSE board for 12th improvement exam? Will CBSE be beneficial in long run?
  13. Can 12th cbse improvement exam be given from different school in different state? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What is the procedure to apply for 12th improvement exam? How many subjects can we apply for improvement?
  15. Eligibility to appear in BITSAT for 12th CBSE student?
  16. Through which board a candidate can secure good marks in 12th among CBSE and Maharashtra Board? Is there any difference at the time of admission in Engineering or Medical field?
  17. Can I reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam after a gap of 2 years?
  18. Eligibility to appear in BITSAT for a candidate who has secured 85% in 12th Board exam?
11th August 2015, 04:49 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if secure above 80% in 12th CBSE Improvement Board exam?

Yes,you are eligible to appear in BITSAT after securing above 80% marks in 12th CBSE Improvement Board exam .

BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test .

The eligibility criteria for BITSAT are as under :-

- The candidate must have passed 12th class under the 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent.

- The candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate .

- The candidate should have secured 60% marks individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics .

-The candidate appearing for Class XII exam or equivalent in 2015 are also eligible to appear for BITSAT 2015.

-The candidate who have passed the qualifying exam in 2014 are eligible to appear for BITSAT 2015 .

-The candidate who have passed the qualifying exam in 2013 or before are not eligible to appear for the BITSAT 2015 .

-Candidates who have attempted more than once in their Class XII or equivalent must have written the exams for all the prescribed subjects and admission for BITSAT 2015 will be considered on the candidate's latest performance .

-The candidate should have proficiency i.e., ability to read and write in English .
11th August 2015, 06:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in BITSAT if secure above 80% in 12th CBSE Improvement Board exam?

According to BITSAT notification you have to attain the marks in first attempt. If you have got 75% marks in PCM in first attempt then only you can apply for it.

If you have got this much marks in second attempt then you will not be considered eligible for this exam.
11th August 2015, 09:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in BITSAT examination after securing more than 80% marks in your 12th standard CBSE Improvement Board examinations. Candidates who have obtained minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology subjects in 12th standard examinations, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology subjects are eligible to appear in BITSAT examination. Since, you have secured more than 80% marks in your 12th standard CBSE Improvement Board examinations, you are eligible to appear in BITSAT examination.
12th August 2015, 12:22 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

According to the notification released by the BITS, the eligibility criteria for a candidate appearing in the BITSAT is as follows :

* The candidate should have passed the 12th standard with at least 80% marks aggregate.

* The minimum marks in PCM taking together should be 60%

If you fulfill the above criteria then you are very much eligible for writing the BITSAT examination.
12th August 2015, 01:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friends,
I have appeared for Improvement exams of 12th CBSE Board from Delhi Region. I am eligible for BITSAT if I score above 80% aggregate? Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you are eligible for BITSAT exam.

Those candidates who have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board in the country are eligible for BITSAT exam. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Candidates must be proficient in English also.

Pattern for BITSAT exam:-

First section in Physics with 40 questions
Second section in Chemistry with 40 questions
Third section consists of questions to test the candidate’s English Proficiency with 15 questions and Logical Reasoning with 10 questions
Fourth section in Maths with 45 questions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?