13th April 2015, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in BITSAT for a candidate who has secured 85% in 12th Board exam?

Friends,
I have got 85% in my 12th Board exam.
Can I eligible for appearing in BITSAT?
Kindly tell me about this asap.
With Regards.

16th April 2015, 06:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in BITSAT for a candidate who has secured 85% in 12th Board exam?

Eligibility Criteria required to appear in BITSAT Exam:

You are certainly eligible to appear in BITSAT Entrance Examination with 85% marks in 12th Class board Examination. Because the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for BITSAT Entrance Examination is only 75% marks. i.e., "75% aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects". And the minimum percentage required to be eligible for BITSAT is "60% aggregate in Each of the subjects Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics and Physics" subjects. Since you have secured more than the required percentage you are certainly eligible to appear in BITSAT Entrance Exam.

>> PCM Stream in 12th Class - Aggregate 75% marks
(Or)
>> PCM Stream in 12th Class - Aggregate 75% marks
And
>> In Each of Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/ Biology Subjects - Minimum 60% marks

17th April 2015, 12:00 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in BITSAT for a candidate who has secured 85% in 12th Board exam?

You are too late !!!

I am sorry to say this last date for submission of application has been closed. Next notification will be published in the month of December or January in the official website of BITS, Pilani.

Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT:

The applicant should have completed 12th from a recognized school or equivalent qualification with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subjects. The applicant should have obtained at least 75% marks in aggregate in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Those who are appearing in the final year of board examination may also apply. Applicant who have passed the 12th examination in 2014 may also apply.

As per eligibility criteria, you are absolutely eligible to apply for BITSAT examination. But, last date for receipt of application has been closed. But don't worry you have chance in next year to apply for BITSAT.

More details, visit the official website:- http://bitsadmission.com/bitsatmain.aspx

17th April 2015, 11:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I have got 85% in my 12th Board exam.
Can I eligible for appearing in BITSAT?
Kindly tell me about this asap.
With Regards.
Yes, you are eligible for BITSAT exam.

Details of BITSAT exam is given below.

Those candidates who have completed their 10+2 from a recognized Board in the country are eligible for BITSAT exam. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 75% in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. Candidates must be proficient in English also.

You can apply online by clicking on the link http://www.bitsadmission.com/

22nd April 2015, 11:59 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for the BITSAT examination conducted for the admission in B.Tech courses in different stream in BITS .

The eligibility criteria is candidates who have passed there 10+2 examination from a recognized board can apply if they have secured 75% marks in the PCM and at least 60 marks in each of them .

The examination is online based .

It is essential to have better knowledge of English for the candidates to appear in the examination .

Hence you can apply for it in next appear as the date ended for this year application form submission .

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?