26th December 2014, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam if completed B.Tech(Biotechnology) on 12th PCB basis?

hi
i have completed my b.tech in biotechnology....
i have completed my 12th pcb......not pcm.....
please tell me i am eligible for cds exam????
and also tell me the procedure for apply.....

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for CDS examination after completing graduation with PCB?
  2. Can I apply for CDS exam after doing 12th with PCB
  3. Am I eligible for MCA entrance exam after completing 12th with PCB?
  4. Can I apply for CDS exam after passing 12th class exam in PCB
  5. Am I eligible for BCA after completing 12th from science(PCB)
  6. Am I eligible to give NEET Medical Exam having scored 49.6% of marks in 12th Class with PCB?
  7. Am I eligible for CDS after passing diploma?
  8. How may I get addmission in PMET ? I've done 11th(PCB) from Bathinda and 12th(PCB) from outside Punjab
  9. Is my son eligible to appear for PMET exam if he has done 11th from Bathinda(Punjab) and 12th(PCB) from outside Punjab?
  10. How much height is required to get a job in Indian Army?
  11. Am I eligible for Assam CEE after scoring 56% marks (PCB) in 12th board exam?
  12. Am I eligible for CDS exam after passing 12th science with 64.17%?
  13. Am I eligible to give CDS Exam being a candidate having completed Graduation in the year of 2008 and with an age of 24 years?
  14. Eligibility to study Diploma in Emergency Medicine for 12th PCB student? -- [New]
  15. Can I make entry in the field of Biomedical Engineering having completed 12th Class with PCB? Is Mathematics necessary for the candidate to join this field? What is the eligibility criteria for the Entrance Exam for this?
  16. Which exam should I write to join defence?
  17. Am I eligible for AIPMT after scoring 58% in 12th and 44% in PCB? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Which MBBS exam am i eligible after 56% marks in 12th standard with PCB and age 30?
27th December 2014, 11:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam if completed B.Tech(Biotechnology) on 12th PCB basis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi
i have completed my b.tech in biotechnology....
i have completed my 12th pcb......not pcm.....
please tell me i am eligible for cds exam????
and also tell me the procedure for apply.....
Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Study Package for CDS 1st Edition
Author: Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education

CDS Exam Guide 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

Physical criteria for CDS exam:=

I have attached the syllabus for CDS exam so please check it out.

For more details about CDS exam and application process, you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR CDS EXAM.pdf(167.8 KB, 51 views)
27th December 2014, 12:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam if completed B.Tech(Biotechnology) on 12th PCB basis?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in CDS examination. But, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Naval Academy and Airforce Academy because, to be eligible to appear in these exams you must have completed Bachelor's degree from a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering. You can apply only for Indian Military Academy/ Officers' Training Academy after completion of your Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

Eligibility Criteria :-
To be eligible to appear in CDS examination, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Indian Military Academy/ Officers' Training Academy :- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from a recognized university.
--> For Naval Academy :- Bachelor of Engineering from a recognised university
--> For Air Force Academy : Bachelor's degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering.

3. Age Limit :-
Indian Military Academy :- 19-24 years
Air Force Academy :- 19-24 years
Naval Academy :- 19-22 years
Officers’ Training Academy :- 19-25 years

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Test
2. Personal Interview
27th December 2014, 12:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Having 12th class PCB Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects you are ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY and OFFICER'S TRAINING ACADEMY ONLY. And you are NOT eligible to apply for other cadets such as Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy examinations.So the detailed educational qualification cadet wise and more details are given below.

Basically CDS Combined Defense Service Examination is conducted by UPSC Union Public Service Examination. CDS Examination is conducted to admission into various cadets such as,
1).Indian Naval Academy (INA)
2).Air Force Academy (AFA)
3).Officer Training Academy (OTA)
4).Indian Military Academy (IMA)

You are eligible to APPLY FOR OTA and IMA only with PCB subjects, for other INA and AFA cadets candidates must have completed their 12th class with Mathematics and Physics.

Educational Qualification:
For Indian Military Academy (IMA) / OTA (Officer's Training Academy):
Candidates must have passed DEGREE from a recognized university or its equivalent examination.

Notification of CDS Exam:
August and March months

To Apply : http://www.upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?