29th October 2015, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam if I have 1 year study gap between 12th and graduation?

Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam if I have 1 year study gap between 12th and graduation? Can someone please provide me the answer on this soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the information soon.

Related Questions:
29th October 2015, 09:31 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam if I have 1 year study gap between 12th and graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS (Indian Administrative Services) Exam even after having 1 year gap between 12th Class and Graduation. But do remember that, you must have successfully qualified or PASS the Graduation otherwise you will not be eligible. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in IAS Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. So candidates with any stream are eligible to appear in CSAT Entrance Examination. Do not worry that you have year gap between 12th Class and Graduation. The main eligibility criteria required is "Graduation PASS" from a recognized university. If you successfully meet the preceding statement, then I am sure you are eligible to apply for IAS Exam.
29th October 2015, 10:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam if I have 1 year study gap between 12th and graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam if I have 1 year study gap between 12th and graduation? Can someone please provide me the answer on this soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the information soon.
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
29th October 2015, 12:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the Civil Services examination which is the entrance examination for the different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc even if you have one year gap between 10+2 and bachelor's degree.

You must satisfy the following requirements for the exam:

>>Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university with passing percentage of marks. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>The age limit is 21-32 years with three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

So, you are eligible and can apply for the coming 2016 Civil Services exams. The notification for the exam will be released on 23rd April, 2016. You can get more information if you want about this exam at www.upsc.gov.in.
29th October 2015, 01:18 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to become an I.A.S officer after one year gap between the academic session. To become an officer you have to qualify in the Civil services examination.

Civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. The examination is conducted in the three stages. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

So gap year does not matter. If you have passed the graduation them you can appear for the civil services examination in the 2016. The application form will be available from the last week of April.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
29th October 2015, 02:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the civil services examination conducted for the recruitment of the candidates as an IAS, IPS, IFS etc...

To appear in the examination the required eligibility criteria is candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university and age between the 21-32 for the general category +3 and +5 respectively for the OBC and SC/ST in upper age limit.

So you can appear for the examination even after gap between the 12th and graduation course. The examination is conducted in the three stages. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
29th October 2015, 06:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Gap has nothing to do with the eligibility of IAS examination. If you are having a degree in any discipline from a recognized university then surely you are eligible provided you fulfill the age criteria.

Therefore, don't worry about your gap if you have a legitimate degree. Just be prepared for the exam so that you can crack it.
29th October 2015, 06:49 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate is eligible to apply for IAS exam after having 1 year study gap between 12th and graduation.

Eligibility to apply for IAS exam:
  • Candidate must have passed graduation in any stream from any recognised university.
  • There is no minimum percentage criteria.
  • Age of candidate must be from 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age is also there as per government norms.
29th October 2015, 07:58 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes absolutely you are eligible to apply for " IAS " since there is no restriction on year gap. But you have to well prepared for which you have got gap. It will be asked in Interview of you cleared all prelims and Main's examination.

So take a important note on this and then prepared for it. Other than that there is no problem at all if you satisfy the required eligibility criteria for IAS officer.

For more details you can see it from UPSC official website.
29th October 2015, 09:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination even if you have 1 year study gap between your 12th and Graduation. But, you need to provide study gap certificate at the document verification. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you must have to satisfy the following eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
29th October 2015, 11:38 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, of course you are eligible for the IAS entrance exam after completing Graduation. There is no issue in the gap between your studies. However, you are age should be below 30 years to be eligible for IAS exam.

Eligibility and Criteria:

- Applicants must have completed their Bachelor Degree in faculty from a recognized university and final year's applicants are also eligible to apply.

- Applicants age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and Upper age relaxation will be given to the reserved category students.

- General applicants can appear a maximum of four times, OBC can appear seven times and there is no limit for SC/ST candidates.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
30th October 2015, 05:51 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Indian Administrative Service is the full form of IAS.

# Please note that IAS Examination has nothing to do with any study gap or any backlog during academic record. Only the required thing that candidate must have any valid bachelor degree in order to be eligible to apply for IAS Examination.

# The Civil Services Examinaiton (CSE) or IAS/IPS Examination is conducted by UPSC every year for the following services:

* Indian Police Service (IPS)
* Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
* Indian Custom and Excise Service
* Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
* and many more

# Educational Qualification and other requirements are:

* Must be citizen of India
* Any bachelor degree from recognized university.
* However, candidate in the last year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
* There is no any required specific fixed percentage marks. Mere possession of any bachelor degree is sufficient to apply for IAS/IPS Examinaiton.
* Candidate must have the moral character.

# Required age limit:

* 20-30 years for General category.
* 20-33 years for OBC category.
* 20-35 years for SC and ST category.
* 20-40 years for Persons with Disability
# There is provision of fixation of certain number of attempts for each and every category which is as follow:
* Only 04 attempts fixed for General category.
* Only 07 attempts fixed for OBC category.
* Unlimited attempts fixed for SC and ST categories.

# Scheme of IAS/IPS Examination or Civil Service Examination:
* Preliminary Examination
* Mains Examination
* Interview

# Scheme of Civil Service (Mains) Examination:

* First Optional Subject (300 Marks)
* Second Optional Subject (300 Marks)
* Any Indian Language (300 Marks)
* General Essay (300 Marks)
* General English (300 Marks)
* General Studies (300 Marks)

# Followings are the suggest books for the IAS/IPS Examination:

* Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Polity for Civil Services Examination by M. Laxmikanth
* Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Economy for Civil Service Examination by Ramesh Singh
* India Since Independence by Bipin Chandra
* A History of Modern World by Ranjan Chakravati
* Indian Economy & Performance and Policies by Uma Kapila
* Indian Constitution by Subhash Kashyap
* India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
* Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi
* Indian and World Geography by Majid Hussain
30th October 2015, 10:07 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for the Indian Administrative Services to become the officer you have to qualify in the civil services examination.

Civil services examination as according to the examination notification the required eligibility to appear for the examination is candidates must have the graduation degree from the recognised university and age between the 21-32 years.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination in the 2016. The examination is conducted in the three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection as the officer after the proper training.

To get the more information about examination syllabus and other notification visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
14th May 2018, 03:37 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam if I have 4 year study gap between 12th and graduation? Can someone please provide me the answer on this soon as possible? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the information soon.
5th March 2020, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

if I have one yr.gap in my graduation can I apply for civil service exams?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?