14th March 2015, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Can a gap year student after twelveth and done graduation from correspondence give IAS exam?

I HAVE PASSED twelth class science stream with compartment in chemistry this year...now i want to do graduation from correspondence.... will i be able to give IAS exams after graduation? What would be the eligibility required to ensure that I can be eligible now? Please guide me in this.

15th April 2015, 12:34 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can a gap year student after twelveth and done graduation from correspondence give IAS exam?

Yes, you can give IAS examination after completing your graduation degree, the only thing required is that you should have completed your graduation course from the recognized university so weather you have completed your graduation from regular college or correspondence course that doesn't matter. So you don't have to worry about it.
16th April 2015, 12:51 AM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Can a gap year student after twelveth and done graduation from correspondence give IAS exam?

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So no matter if you had a gap, if you have completed the graduation then you can apply for the CSE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?