10th August 2015, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam to become an IAS Officer being a B.Sc General student?

Hi,
I am a student of B.Sc General with Math, Physics and Chemistry. I want to appear in UPSC exam to become an IAS Officer and serve for Nation. But am I eligible for it with B.Sc General degree?

12th August 2015, 05:34 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam to become an IAS Officer being a B.Sc General student?

UPSC conducts the Civil services examinations for various post IAS, IPS, IRS, etc. These exams were organized by the central government body.

Eligibility to apply for the UPSC

* The candidate who wants apply for these examination must have completed his/her graduation from recognized University.

* The candidate in final year can also apply for the exam.

* The candidate must be a citizen of India.

* Age of the candidate must be between 21 to 30 years up to 31 August in the year of application.

* General candidate can apply maximum of 4 times, OBC candidates can apply 7 times, and no limit for SC/ST candidates.
12th August 2015, 05:41 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam to become an IAS Officer being a B.Sc General student?

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
12th August 2015, 06:58 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC exam to become an IAS officer.

The minimum eligibility criteria for applying IAS officer is that the candidate must hold a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Every year UPSC conducts civil service examination.
12th August 2015, 09:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UPSC examination to become an IAS officer being a B.Sc General Student. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in UPSC IAS examination. Since, you have completed B.Sc course, you are eligible to apply for UPSC examination to become an IAS officer by satisfying the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
12th August 2015, 09:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) related Examinations after completion of B.Sc from a recognized university. The basic minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in UPSC Examinations is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university. The minimum educational qualification required are given below.

>> Minimum Educational Qualification:

* Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent qualification.

* Candidates appearing in the requisite Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in UPSC Examination.

* However, candidates are supposed to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualification along with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

* Since you are a Graduate, I am sure you are certainly eligible to appear in UPSC IAS, IPS, IFS Examinations.
13th August 2015, 12:51 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am a student of B.Sc General with Math, Physics and Chemistry. I want to appear in UPSC exam to become an IAS Officer and serve for Nation. But am I eligible for it with B.Sc General degree?
Yes, after completion of graduation degree, you can apply for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?